Thread: Qt app and Integration with Cloud Computing

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Maemo/MeeGo

Default Qt app and Integration with Cloud Computing

Hi,

I have an spreadsheet application written completely in JavaScript. I have ported it on on Maemo Platform using Qt.

I want to save the spreadsheets on cloud and retrieve them back when needed.

Development on server side has been done using : http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/rpc.html

Currently save and open functionality on local machine works like this :

I have defined dosave()function in my javascript file which saves the contents in a “string” and returns it. This string is written in a file and saved in local machine. When save button is clicked, evaluateJavaScript() function takes dosave() function as parameter and does the work.

Similarly, I have open() function defined in javascript code, in which this particular string is passed and it displays the content back to the file I want to open. Here when open button is clicked, saved file is read and saved to QString variable. This is passed to open() function. Again, evaluateJavaScript() function is used to interact with the javascript function.

Kindly provide some information regarding how to move forward to save the content on Cloud using Qt or any other Maemo app which does that. How to take forward this on client side ?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Qt app and Integration with Cloud Computing

Quote Originally Posted by qt.learner View Post

I want to save the spreadsheets on cloud and retrieve them back when needed.

Development on server side has been done using : http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/rpc.html
    By cloud here I mean that there is a web server side, where functions have been coded in AJAX. I need to call those functions using Qt.