Hi,
I have a problem...in my GUI there is a slot that is executed every 1 ms using a Qtimer and performs image processing through an external function (declared and defined in other files of the project) which takes as input a frame taken from the webcam and some Qlabels of the GUI. It updates the GUI QLabels (the image frame) each time it is called.

The image processing is quite heavy, so, though it is called every 1ms, a new execution (and so a new update of the image frame) of the function takes place after more time than 1 ms.

The program runs quite fine but now, for performance reasons, I would like to run this function in a new thread, separate from the GUI thread (which I didnt explicitly created).

This thread doesnt need to communicate with the GUI thread since all GUI objects of interest (QLabels) are passed as parameters to the function and updated within it.
The only thing I want is that the different executions of the functions does not interfere with eacth other (that is, a new execution should only take place after an execution has been completed). As I said before, this is what happens right now, even if the function is called by the QTimer every 1 ms, the executions dont interfere with each other (I dont know why this happens).

I hope I was clear, I can include the source code if u want to have a look...Can u help me? Thanks