Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Error in MOC file

Hi,
    I have the following problem using Qt Creator:

In my menu I added an option for testing actions associated with it. I removed the option again (I think I first removed the action from the Action Editor, then the menu option itself).
    Ever since then I've been getting a compiler error that is actually referring to the file "moc_mainwindow.cpp", so it's in an auto-generated file (see "moc file error.jpg").
    I also removed some other actions from the Action Editor, but I only get an error for this one.

AFAIK I have removed every remnant of that option from all visible elements in the design area (see "mainmenu design.jpg"), so I would expect them to be removed behind the scenes, i.e. in auto-generated files, as well. Yet the compiler seems to still find it somewhere and include it when generating dependent files. Apparently I have to remove it manually before the program will compile. But where ?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Symbian S60

Default Re: Error in MOC file

I have no idea what is going on, but I have found that even if you ask Qt Creator to rebuild it may not remove all traces of the previous state. So, I'd suggest that you remove by hand all .moc (ant other temporary build giles) files before a rebuild.

Another this is, you should stop being a "Computer Hater" because as long as you are, your brain doens't work that well with computer related stuff, including software development...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Thanks for the response.
    I actually did something similar before. I restarted the project and manually copied all non-automatic files over from the old project, which didn't help.
    But I've found the problem now. I forgot to manually remove the declaration of the problematic action from the mainwindow.h header file. Don't know why I missed that.

You're right about the name. It was a bad choice of user name. But what's done is done. :-/
    It's hard not to get upset sometimes when things constantly go wrong, for apparently arbitrary reasons, and also not just with software development or computers. Anyway...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

have you tried doing a project clean?

sometimes Qt Creator can get a bit confused when the designer generated code gets out of sync, I usually do this:
    close Qt Creator
    delete debug/release folder
    delete Makefile.* (there should be three)
    delete object_script.<proj name>.* (there are two of these)
    delete <proj name>.pro.user

reopen the project and rebuild

make a habit of archiving your project before tinkering with things in the designer.

I just realized that you actually solved your problem - oh well, the above steps are still useful for doing a project clean manually.
    Last edited by schnitzel; 29th June 2011 at 17:57. Reason: updated contents

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Thank you for the hints anyway, schnitzel. I saved them for later problems. ;-)
    Also, I feel hungry now. Strange...