Thread: looking for examples using QwtScaleWidget without QwtPlot

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default looking for examples using QwtScaleWidget without QwtPlot

I'm looking for any examples of using QwtScaleWidget totally outside of using QwtPlot. I'm trying to get a better handle on how to combine things like QwtScaleDraw, QwtScaleEngine, etc. to accomplish my scale. I've looked at the code inside QwtPlot regarding scales, but seeing an example outside of QwtPlot will help make their use even more clear.

I have an application that will have one plotting area with three different scales along the left side and one on the bottom. I have various data that progress over time (bottom axis) but some of these data are of different forms so I want three sub-plots vertically stacked. I can't easily have three stacked QwtPlots because I need to draw the plot data on the fly in the paint event routine for all three sub-plots at once. As my data engine progresses through time it will sometimes draw into one of the three sub-plots and sometimes into another -- so three separate paint events for each sub-plot won't work well (or at least efficiently).

Thanks for any pointers to any example code!

John

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: looking for examples using QwtScaleWidget without QwtPlot

Quote Originally Posted by jcbikeski View Post
    I have an application that will have one plotting area with three different scales along the left side and one on the bottom.
    In the patches section on the Qwt project page you find a patch for plots with more than 4 scales. Maybe this helps.

Uwe