Thread: Qt not working with my Symbian device, Nokia C6-00

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qt not working with my Symbian device, Nokia C6-00

Hello guys!

I cannot set up my Qt SDK so that it communicates with my Nokia C6-00. First af all, I cannot make sure what my Symbian version is. On the official web site they say I must have Symbian^3, but nothing from what Qt installs at Symbian^3 systems works. Links to installations under Symbian^1 install though.

I went thru the introduction to developing with Symbian and following it I have done the following:

1. Downloaded and installed Qt SDK 1.1.2.
    2. Connected my Nokia C6-00 via USB to my computer.
    3. Launched Nokia Ovi Suite
    4. Installed App TRK for Symbian^1 5th edition on to my Symbian device
    5. Installed Qt 4.6.3 on my Symbian
    6. I have tried compiling as both Qt 4.6.3 and Qt 4.7.3 for symbian^1 and Symbian^3. Tried launching any of the examples or creating my own empty project - nothing has worked so far. Error: `OS-related error`.

I have tried all the possible combinations of installed software for Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 and it just does not work! I have also ried copying the *.sis files from the project folder directly onto my device, but it did not work either! It installed itself, claiming to be incompatible, but when I click on the icon in `Applications` folder, nothing happens.

I would be very grateful if someone could point me at my mistakes or suggest my another try.

Thank you!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Qt not working with my Symbian device, Nokia C6-00

Hi,

If your development environment is installed properly and you able to create the sample application.
    Then check first whether this sample application will run on simulator or not ? or it crashed on simulator or display same error on simulator also ? So it will helps you to identify the raw problem with your application.

if the application gives error for simulator as well then check your development environment cause some thing is went wrong at the time of installation or you still missed the any one of the step to set the environment properly.

If the application works fine on simulator then you will have to create .sis file with sign tool. The successful compilation is not enough to install .sis file on real time device to run. will have make it sign using command line tools provide by Qt which make it released version of that .sis file and make it compatible to run real time device.

Thanks
    Prashant Moglaikar

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt not working with my Symbian device, Nokia C6-00

Thanx very much for your answer!
    In fact, I thought that signing the software is necessary only in the latest stage, prior to sending it to other users. Qt provides each Qt-Symbian-project with a UID, which, I thought, was enough to isntall the program on the phone.
    The program works fine on the simulator, only in the phone it does not start.
    I will try signing software and will let you know!