Thread: Qt 3.3.5 compilation issue

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: Qt 3.3.5 compilation issue

Hi all,

I am on a project right now where an old piece of code is to be quickly ported to the SUSE flavor of Linux on an SGI. Turns out that the code depends on Qt 3.3.5. I have configured 3.3.5 for release, no other flags, and run gmake. I got the following happy message telling me my compile had gone well:

--------------------------------
    The Qt library is now built in ./lib
    The Qt examples are built in the directories in ./examples
    The Qt tutorials are built in the directories in ./tutorial
    Enjoy! - the Trolltech team
    --------------------------------

When I then run the setup script for the project I'm porting, it tells me that:

ls: cannot access ${HOME}/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/lib/libQtCore.so.4: No such file or directory
    ls: cannot access /store/bmahfood/MAK/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/lib//libQtGui.so.4: No such file or directory

Does anyone have an idea about this? I started using Qt at about 4.5.3, and so I don't really know much about the 4.3 versions.

P.S. - I didn't run gmake install, but I assume that is only necessary if I'm going to be installing it to my system, rather than what I am looking to do, which is to use it only for this one compilation. There is already a Qt install on the system, and we are only renting space from these people.

Thanks for any help...

Added after 43 minutes:

Ok, so I ran a gmake confclean and started again, since I'm using an old code base and am not so sure it was cleaned before saved. After the gmake confclean, I ran a configure -release, as I did before, and this time it errored out with the following:

g++ -Wl,-rpath,/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/lib -shared -Wl,-rpath,/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/plugins/imageformats -o libqjpeg.so .obj/release-shared/main.o .obj/release-shared/jcapimin.o .obj/release-shared/jcapistd.o .obj/release-shared/jccoefct.o .obj/release-shared/jccolor.o .obj/release-shared/jcdctmgr.o .obj/release-shared/jchuff.o .obj/release-shared/jcinit.o .obj/release-shared/jcmainct.o .obj/release-shared/jcmarker.o .obj/release-shared/jcmaster.o .obj/release-shared/jcomapi.o .obj/release-shared/jcparam.o .obj/release-shared/jcphuff.o .obj/release-shared/jcprepct.o .obj/release-shared/jcsample.o .obj/release-shared/jctrans.o .obj/release-shared/jdapimin.o .obj/release-shared/jdapistd.o .obj/release-shared/jdatadst.o .obj/release-shared/jdatasrc.o .obj/release-shared/jdcoefct.o .obj/release-shared/jdcolor.o .obj/release-shared/jddctmgr.o .obj/release-shared/jdhuff.o .obj/release-shared/jdinput.o .obj/release-shared/jdmainct.o .obj/release-shared/jdmarker.o .obj/release-shared/jdmaster.o .obj/release-shared/jdmerge.o .obj/release-shared/jdphuff.o .obj/release-shared/jdpostct.o .obj/release-shared/jdsample.o .obj/release-shared/jdtrans.o .obj/release-shared/jerror.o .obj/release-shared/jfdctflt.o .obj/release-shared/jfdctfst.o .obj/release-shared/jfdctint.o .obj/release-shared/jidctflt.o .obj/release-shared/jidctfst.o .obj/release-shared/jidctint.o .obj/release-shared/jidctred.o .obj/release-shared/jmemmgr.o .obj/release-shared/jquant1.o .obj/release-shared/jquant2.o .obj/release-shared/jutils.o .obj/release-shared/jmemnobs.o -L/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXinerama -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -ldl
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/lib/libqt-mt.so when searching for -lqt-mt
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    gmake[4]: *** [../../../imageformats/libqjpeg.so] Error 1
    gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/plugins/src/imageformats/jpeg'
    gmake[3]: *** [sub-jpeg] Error 2
    gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/plugins/src/imageformats'
    gmake[2]: *** [sub-imageformats] Error 2
    gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc/plugins/src'
    gmake[1]: *** [sub-plugins] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/homepath/PortProject/qt-x11-commercial-3.3.5-icc'
    gmake: *** [init] Error 2

Not sure what to make of that one neither. Any ideas? This was supposed to be the simpler part of the project.

Btw, to be clear, I'm running on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64), using icc version 12.0.5.
    Last edited by bmahf; 9th September 2011 at 21:07.