Thread: using mysql plugin

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default using mysql plugin

Hello:

I have successfully built the mysql plugin for QT. The build process resulted in the following 4 files:

qsqlmysql4.dll
    qsqlmysql4.lib
    qsqlmysqld4.dll
    qsqlmysqld4.lib.

I copied the above files to the plugins directory of QT, and the .dll's to C:\windows\system32
    Then I wrote sample code to test
    Qt Code:
    1. #include <QApplication>
    2. #include <QtSql>
    4. int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    5. {
    6. QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);
    7. qDebug() << QSqlDatabase::drivers();
    8. return a.exec();
    9. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

The code compiles, links and runs fine but i get no output.
    According to http://www.pikopong.com/blog/2010/04...k-for-windows/

The above code should output :
    Qt Code:
    1. ("QSQLITE", "QMYSQL3", "QMYSQL", "QODBC3", "QODBC")
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

What am I doing wrong?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: using mysql plugin

Step by step compiling is (sorry for automatic translation):
    In windows
    After installing QT SDK (2010.05) or Nokia QT SDK Kit automatically installed some drivers to access databases, unfortunately the MySQL driver in the list is not included. Recognize that QT can not find the necessary driver is simple.

//---- Example of connection to the database ----
    QSqlDatabase db = QSqlDatabase:: addDatabase ("QMYSQL", "MyConnection");
    db.setHostName ("serverName");
    db.setDatabaseName ("dbName");
    db.setPort (3306);
    db.setUserName ("login");
    db.setPassword ("psw");
    db.open ();
    qDebug () <<db.lastError ();
    //------------------------------

In this case, the console application, I get the following messages:
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QODBC3 QODBC
    QSqlError (-1, "Driver not loaded", "Driver not loaded")

Recommendations installation
    To address the need libraries MySQL. Required libraries are available when you install MySQL Server (for example mysql-essential-5.1.54-win32.msi) or later. We strongly recommend you install MySQL in the folder c: / MySQL / (or other folder name without spaces (MinGW does not understand spaces in the names of directories)). The installation process is sufficient to choose only one item to install - "C Include Files / Lib Files". (Hereinafter referred to as I have found in the directory C: / MySQL /).

For ease of execution of commands in a terminal to a system variable Path: "C: \ Qt \ 2010.05 \ qt \ bin \; C: \ Qt \ 2010.05 \ mingw \ bin \". These directories are executable files qmake, mingw32make, g + +. REBOOT.

In the terminal, go to QTDIR / src / plugins / sqldrivers / mysql (cd C: \ Qt \ 2010.05 \ qt \ src \ plugins \ sqldrivers \ mysql)

Perform qmake-o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH + = C: / MySQL / include" "LIBS + = C: / MySQL / lib / opt / libmysql.lib" mysql.pro

Perform mingw32-make

If all goes well, then copy the libmysql.dll from the bin folder of MySQL server installed in QTDIR / bin (I have copied in the folders specified in the PATH)

NB! If you must use a hands QTSDK copy obtained by compiling the library (qsqlmysqld4.dll, libqsqlmysqld4.a) in the following directories:
    \ QtSDK \ Desktop \ Qt \ 4.7.3 (or another version) \ mingw \ plugins \ sqldrivers (if you're using a different version of it in the appropriate folder to be copied as well)
    \ QtSDK \ Desktop \ Qt \ 4.7.3 (...)\ mingw \ bin
    \ QtSDK \ mingw \ bin

Restart.

For MacOs X
    Download and install QTSDK. After this, go to the configuration utility and install additional islhodnye codes.
    Download and affix the software package MySQL (for example a mysql-5.1.53-osx10.6-x86_64.dmg, although the service I did not start.)
    Next, look for a folder with qmake (/ Users/inbush/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/471/gcc/bin/qmake)
    Folder with the source MySQL (/ usr/local/mysql-5.1.53-osx10.6-x86_64/include)
    Open a terminal and go to the folder plugin (Creativus: ~ inbush $ cd / Users/inbush/QtSDK/QtSources/4.7.1/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql)
    Putting the project / Users/inbush/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/471/gcc/bin/qmake-o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH = / usr/local/mysql-5.1.53-osx10.6-x86_64/include" "LIBS =- L / usr/local/mysql-5.1.53-osx10.6-x86_64/lib-lmysqlclient_r "mysql.pro
    make
    make install

FOR WINDOWS

You just can unzip files from the attachment (can't upload the compiled drivers (1.2 mb). If you need them write your e-mail and i'll send you them) and copy them in
    \QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3(or another version)\mingw\plugins\sqldrivers (if you're using a different version of it in the appropriate folder to be copied as well)
    \QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3(...)\mingw\bin
    \QtSDK\mingw\bin

PS
    Don't forget to add "QT += sql" in .pro file!