I have to build Qt projects on multiple PCs, also I've spent many time compiling different QT versions on Windows and Mac from source package with customized settings. One problem occurs to me that after I build a new Qt/SDK and copy it to other machines, I have to keep the copy in exactly the same folder as the original build directory, otherwise the QMake generates wrong INCLUDE and LIB paths in the make file. Because the Qt SDK is a huge package, sometimes I cannot put it in the expected disk volume; also it's hard to remember each build directory because I build them in different folders. I know there is a qt.conf file that can redirect QMake to new folder but it needs manual editing and there are also other stuffs to tweak.

To resolve this silly relocation issue, I develop a utility called QtMove, it is free and can be downloaded from http://www.runfastsoft.com. With QtMove I am now pretty happy that I do not have to remember where the Qt is built, I can backup and switch to any Qt build easily. The huge Qt SDK becomes portable now

I believe the Linux/Mac Qt also has this relocation issue, if necessary I can port QtMove to all platforms.

Happy Qt!