Thread: MySQL updated ... recompile plugin? :S

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default MySQL updated ... recompile plugin? :S

Hi there, im developing an app using a mysql database, it's allocatad in two free remote database servers, the main srver runs MySQL 5.0 and the mirror MySQL 5.1, im using a plugin i built with version 5.0 and it connects fine to MySQL 5.0 server but i cant connect to the 5.1 server, so i gues i have to rebuild the plugin for the new version in order to connect to a later version server isn't it? or i only need to get the libmysql.dll of 5.1?, but doing any of these i will be able to connect to both servers? v 5.0 and 5.1?
    thanks

btw the 5.1 server is still beta, when the non beta is released and the server updated the 5.1 beta plugin will connect to the non beta?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: MySQL updated ... recompile plugin? :S

Uhm it looks like all my issues tend to solve by magic when i post them here
    i can connect with the old plugin, wtf... so it means i dont have to build a new plugin as the version of MYSQL is still 5.x ?

Now i see clear, i get the unnable to connect error only when i have just compiled and right after i run the program my firewall detects it has changes and ask me to allow connecting to my app, i say yes and it cant connect so it uses the mirror host db server and it connects but if i dont run again the app (now my firewall dont ask anything) it connects to the first db server so it must be an issue with the firewall that doesn't allow the connection inmediatly but a little while after so i guess i will pop a load bar for about 1 sec before doing the connection or retry the connection what u suggest? is there a more elegant way to wait for the firewall to allow connection?
    Last edited by chaosgeorge; 25th November 2006 at 20:35. Reason: Issue detected

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: MySQL updated ... recompile plugin? :S

Switch to a better firewall