The problem I am having is that QString values do not show up when debugging. There are many posts about this ....and none of the steps provided are of any help (because they say to delete things that aren't there and select options that aren't there).

e.g. the number one search res says to do this: sudo rm /usr/local/Qt4.6/qtc-debugging-helper/libgdbmacros.dylib

There is no such file anywhere on my system (specifically not in the QtCreator app contents or in the QtSDK hierarchy).

Then it says to rebuild the debugging helper within Qt Creator preferences. There is no "rebuild button" (as it is referred to) anywhere to be found.

I installed QtCreator/SDK using the OSX offline installer. Does this come with (or build in the install process) the appropriate GDB? If it does, I need to know how to invoke it.

This (from the debugger log) is what leads me to believe I am using the wrong one:

>~"GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1515) (Sat Jan 15 08:33:48 UTC 2011)\n"
>~"Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.\n"
>~"GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are\nwelcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.\nType \"show copying\" to see the conditions.\nThere is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type \"show warranty\" for details.\n"
>~"This GDB was configured as \"x86_64-apple-darwin\"."

I have Qt Creator version 2.3.1

Any help on how I can enable myself to perform the simple task of watch a value in debug mode would be appreciated.

Thanks