Thread: QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Default QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

Hi,

My Application uses QApplication before creating any QT widget's, but still i am getting this issue .

My application is service component based application which is build-ed using QT 4.5.3 and when i request my service to load the component it loads the component(It uses QT classes 3.3.6) which requires QT_MT336.dll which i had copied.

So in general My QT Application version is 4.5.3 and the component that it loads dynamically is builded using 3.3.6.

Is this the reason for the bug?If yes then what work-around would you suggest so that i don't need to build the component (QT 3.3.6 ) again to QT 4.5.

Can't QT 4.5 use the QT 3.3.6 code (Backward Compatibility) ? .

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice

Different versions are not binary compatible, so you cannot use 3.x libraries with 4.x code.

Point releases are binary compatible, so you can use 4.x libraries with 4.x code.

You need to rebuild.

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/faq/an...ary_compatible
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

3. The following user says thank you to amleto for this useful post:

vaibhav (27th December 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Do you think "Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice " error message is possible cause of different version's of QT libraries (4.5.3 to 3.3.6 )that are loaded .?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Why not? The library expects a Qt 3 QApplication while you have created a Qt 4 QApplication. Possible. Make a small test case and see.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by vaibhav View Post
    Do you think "Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice " error message is possible cause of different version's of QT libraries (4.5.3 to 3.3.6 )that are loaded .?
    Please dont tell me you are going to ignore the fact the versions are not compatible and try to make things work?
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.