Thread: Qt embedded (ARM) not correctly reading TSLIB data - need help troubleshooting.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt embedded (ARM) not correctly reading TSLIB data - need help troubleshooting.

I seem to have a weird problem between TSLIB and Qt embedded. I've built Qt for an ARM platform with TSLIB support. I used ts_calibrate to calibrate the touch panel and generate /etc/pointercal. The correct environment variables are set (TSLIB_*). Running ts_print shows me (x,y,pressure) data as I press and move a finger on the touch panel, so I know tslib works and is reading data from the panel continuously.

The pressure data is always 255 whether you press hard or lightly. Not sure if this matters.

However when I use Qt, (examples/qws/mousecalibration) no data is read by the program when I touch the panel. Calibration::mouseReleaseEvent() is never called. I can't calibrate the screen.
    Other programs work, I can use touch / touch and hold but not flick gestures (demos/embedded/flickable).

The kicker is that this exact same hardware and Qt bundle used to work, flick gestures and all, with a slightly different Linux kernel from our vendor that had some LCD driver options missing.

It looks like Qt is mis-processing or ignoring some data from TSLIB. Any suggestions? I really need to implement flick / drag events but it looks troublesome with stock widgets.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Qt embedded (ARM) not correctly reading TSLIB data - need help troubleshooting.

did you export those variables?
    export TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE=INPUT
    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event3
    export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
    export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
    export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
    export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
    export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none
    export TSTS_INFO_FILE=/sys/devices/platform/ehci-omap.0/usb1/1-2/1-2.4/1-2.4.1/1-2.4.1:1.0/input/input4
    export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=Tslib:/dev/input/event3
    export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin

/sys/devices/platform/ehci-omap.0/usb1/1-2/1-2.4/1-2.4.1/1-2.4.1:1.0/input/input4 is display when I plug my device.

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded

Default Re: Qt embedded (ARM) not correctly reading TSLIB data - need help troubleshooting.

Hi,
    I am facing something similar problem.
    If i touch calibration points very fast then calibration is getting successful.
    but if some delay will be there between 2 touch then mouse handler event is not occurring and it gets stuck over there.
    What could be the reason?
    pls suggest on it

Thanks,
    sanujas