Thread: Problem with new qexserialport 1.2beta2

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Problem with new qexserialport 1.2beta2

I have a fallowing problem: after compiling my code i cannot execute program because of 0xc0000005 runtime error message. What could it be? Earlier i used qextserialport 1.1 but wanted to actualize my Qt package from 4.8.0 version to 4.8.2 version and had to recompile other, related libraries.
    Anyone can help?

I also get from linker something which didn't appear before:
    c:/qt/qtcreator-2.4.0/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin
    /ld.exe: warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
    specified on the command line.
    This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols
    from auto-imported DLLs.
    Last edited by code_err; 24th June 2012 at 21:58.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Problem with new qexserialport 1.2beta2

Your code is most likely using a pointer that is null or invalid. Run it in your debugger and look at the backtrace when it crashes.

We have seen this here before

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

I don't think it is null pointer case. With old Qt 4.8.0 and QExtSerialPort 1.1 everything worked. Debugger exit with code 0 before even can do anything and also show information "during startup program exited with code 0xc0000005"
    Last edited by code_err; 25th June 2012 at 12:29.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Don't know how to solve this problem so i returned to compiled before library which works perfectly. None of new compilations (QExtSerialPort from 1.1 to 1.2alpha, 1.2beta1, 1.2beta2) seem to work, i see always the same error.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

You're not just dropping a new QExtSerialPort 1.2 binary in place of the old 1.1 binary are you? It's quite possible that there are not binary compatible and you will have to recompile your application against the new library.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

You're not just dropping a new QExtSerialPort 1.2 binary in place of the old 1.1 binary are you?
    Of course not. I compiled library(ies) from a scratch and than change .pro file (names of compiled libraries are different) and recompiled whole app. Also removed all .o and moc files before compilation and use corresponding headers.

It's quite possible that there are not binary compatible and you will have to recompile your application against the new library.
    I did so.

The strange thing is that i cannot find whole original source code in internet of library's version which works for me now. I downloaded it 7 moths ago and it looks like v. 1.2 alpha, because contains QExtEnumerator files, but after compilation it has file names with "1" suffix and 1.2alpha doesn't end with "1" after compilation.

The version which works was compiled with Qt 4.8.0 and I got .dlls and .a files which can know use with my current compilation (with Qt 4.8.2).