Thread: Qt widgets with barcodes

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qt widgets with barcodes

Hello, i am using scanner in my C# project to capture the data matrix in Qt. And the device has a barcode reader. It can be called from Qt code? Do I have to use any .dll?

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Symbian S60

Default Re: Qt widgets with barcodes

I think there is no barcode scanner which supports Qt, but if you can use a library or DLL to read it, you may try to hook up the control with Qt and have a try.

Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    Windows

I am using the barcode reader for .net.
    It's necessary to have the barcode reader dll.
    Both the C# and VB.NET are supported.
    BizCode Barcode Reader for .NET scans, reads various linear & 2D barcode images, including ISO / IEC specified barcodes like Code 39 & Code 39 Extension, Code 128; GS1 specified linear barcodes like EAN-8 & EAN-13, UPC-A & UPC-E, as well as Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, and 2D barcodes Data Matrix, QR Code, PDF-417. Supported image formats include Gif, Png, Jpeg/Jpg, Tiff and.NET image objects.
    Hope it helps!

I think absolutely you can use a barcode library or dll to read the barcode if there is no barcode scanner which supports Qt. I used this barcode scanner for C# projects. It is completely developed in C#.NET, compatible with .net framework 2.0 and later versions, decoding barcodes from Tiff, Bitmap, Gif, Jpeg image types in C#.net class. It supports to read and recognize 20+ linear, 2d barcode images in C#. If you want to have a try, you can use the free veriosn. Here is the reading guide.

Qt products
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by qtfans001 View Post
    I think absolutely you can use a barcode library or dll to read the barcode if there is no barcode scanner which supports Qt. I used this barcode scanner for C# projects. It is completely developed in C#.NET, compatible with .net framework 2.0 and later versions, decoding barcodes from Tiff, Bitmap, Gif, Jpeg image types in C#.net class. It supports to read and recognize 20+ linear, 2d barcode images in C#. If you want to have a try, you can use the free veriosn. Here is the reading guide.
    Is possible to get a barcode reading control that is compatible with Qt?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-C View Post
    I think there is no barcode scanner which supports Qt, but if you can use a library or DLL to read it, you may try to hook up the control with Qt and have a try.
    As you mentioned, it can be solved by a barcode scanning library or DLL. Do you have any advanced suggestion for this? Thanks in advance.