Thread: Link Error and Unexpected Finish

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Link Error and Unexpected Finish

I'm needing a little help in getting my program to compile. Everything in the code looks fine but when I go to compile after launching the Qt application I get this error:

qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj):-1: warning: LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj)' or at 'D:\SBuild-Qt_4_8_1__msvc2010__Debug\debug\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

and then if I hit compile again:

The program has unexpectedly finished.
    debug\SBuild.exe exited with code -1073741515

I noticed some people were having issues concerning DLL with a similar exit code. I couldn't find any info on this particular code though. Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Link Error and Unexpected Finish

Compiling/linking your program and running your program are two completely independent processes. You are complaining about parts of both and confusing them.

Everything in the code looks fine but when I go to compile after launching the Qt application I get this error:

qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj):-1: warning: LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj)' or at 'D:\SBuild-Qt_4_8_1__msvc2010__Debug\debug\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
    This warning is the result of compiling and linking your program. Your linker is complaining that there are no debugging symbols for part of the Qt libraries. It is a warning and not an error i.e. not fatal:; you should still have a built executable. This has nothing to do with running your program.

and then if I hit compile again:

The program has unexpectedly finished.
    debug\SBuild.exe exited with code -1073741515
    This error is a result of running your program and is fatal. Searching for that code "-1073741515" in this forum produces many exact hits, the first hit that is not this thread tells you the answer: the program cannot run because libraries it requires cannot be found in the environment in which it is running. These codes are often expressed in hexadecimal in Microsoft's error dialogs and documentation. -1073741515 is 0xC0000135 when expressed as a 32-bits.