Thread: how to change directshow backend to phonon-vlc backend in Windows

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default how to change directshow backend to phonon-vlc backend in Windows

Hi,

I'm trying to use phonon-vlc backend instead of directshow backend for phonon to play video on Windows 7 (with VS 2008).
    I did some search without finding a detailed way to do this.
    I know the directshow dlls are in the directory %QTDIR%\plugins\phonon_backend, and I also found the phonon-vlc source from https://projects.kde.org/projects/kd...vlc/repository
    , but I don't know how to use it.

Could you please give me some guide on this? Especially how to replace the dll files and how to tell the system to switch the backend?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: how to change directshow backend to phonon-vlc backend in Windows

Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/phonon-module
    Qt Backends

Qt Backends are currently developed for Phonon version 4.1. The Phonon project has moved on and introduced new features that the Qt Backends do not implement. We have chosen not to document the part of Phonon that we do not support. Any class or function not appearing in our documentation can be considered unsupported.
    Make of that what you will.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks for your replying. Do you mean Qt does not support phonon-vlc backend now?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I think that is effectively what it says.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I see. But isn't the VLC media player written in Qt with phonon and VLC backend? Or actually they didn't use the Qt phonon?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Qt backends were supported... but not in recent versions of qt.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

This looks like reducing the power of Qt...I'll try to find another way to support mp4 (Maybe shipping the directshow codec with program?). Thanks a lot.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hello,

I am trying to play rawvideo(not compressed) in HD 1920x1080 with Phonon VideoPlayer. It works if the videos size are small (1Go) but if not the player crash.
    I check the buffering process and only around 2Mega of datas are send to the buffer.
    With my videos size, I need to send more datas in the buffer(buffer size 8 Go). The problem is that I don't know how control the process.
    Do you think it can be link with the backend I use?
    I install DirectX and Directshow but I can't configue it. Do you know if it's possible?
    I don't even knows what's the backend I use in phonon. Where can I find the information?

Tanks in avance