Thread: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder View Post
    This should solve your troubles building the plugins.
    Yes, thanks.

Now I get the following error (see below). Probably some trivial things, so perhaps we should take this debugging off the forum for now? (Jeremy.Magland at gmail.com)

Creating library file: ..\..\plugins\libdefault_debug.a
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text+0x26cd): In function `ZN11Default
    Core15parseCompileLogERK7QString':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:373: undefined reference to `Edy
    uk::makeAbsolute(QString const&, QString const&)'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text$_ZN18CppCallbackHandler5ev entE7QS
    tring11QStringList[CppCallbackHandler::event(QString, QStringList)]+0x13e2): In
    function `ZN11DefaultCoreD0Ev':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:223: undefined reference to `Edy
    ukTemplateManager::create(QString const&, QString const&, QStringList*, QHash<QS
    tring, QString> const*) const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text$_ZN18CppCallbackHandler5ev entE7QS
    tring11QStringList[CppCallbackHandler::event(QString, QStringList)]+0x1425): In
    function `ZNK11DefaultCore4iconEv':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:226: undefined reference to `Edy
    ukTemplateManager::create(QString const&, QString const&, QStringList*, QHash<QS
    tring, QString> const*) const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qrcedit.o(.text+0x616a): In function `ZN7QRCEd
    it7addFileEv':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/qrcedit.cpp:378: undefined reference to `
    Edyuk::makeRelative(QString const&, QString const&)'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qrcedit.o(.text+0x76bb): In function `ZN7QRCEd
    it11fileChangedEP15QTreeWidgetItemS1_':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/qrcedit.cpp:459: undefined reference to `
    -- More (7%) --

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    Now I get the following error (see below). Probably some trivial things, so perhaps we should take this debugging off the forum for now? (Jeremy.Magland at gmail.com)
    Sure, I've send you a solution to this by e-mail and will issue another beta really soon (as soon as you report proper compilation actually )

For the others, here comes the solution : the EDYUK_EXPORT macro needs to be added so that several classes/functions get exported properly under windows :

src/lib/edyuktemplatemanager.h :
    Qt Code:
    1. class EDYUK_EXPORT EdyukTemplateManager
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

src/lib/edyuk.h :
    Qt Code:
    1. EDYUK_EXPORT QString settingsPath();
    2. EDYUK_EXPORT QString makeAbsolute(const QString& rel, const QString& abs);
    3. EDYUK_EXPORT QString makeRelative(const QString& src, const QString& ref);
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    Last edited by jacek; 2nd April 2007 at 17:16. Reason: wrapped too long line
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thumbs up Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

We worked through the Windows-specific installation problems offline, and everything looks very nice indeed.

Windows users should wait for the corrected version to be released since there were a bunch of small adjustments.

... but I certainly like what I see... thanks for the help!

magland

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Smile Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Here we go! Edyuk 0.9.0 had indeed many compilation problems under Window$ but, thanks to the perseverant feedback of Jeremy Magland, I've been able to fix them and also some potential crash issues.

A second beta is thus available which now feature real "platform independence" and several minor improvements! Enjoy!

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=499004

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

It's still impossible to compile on FreeBSD 6.1
    Reason:
    gdbthread.cpp : line with

#ifdef OS_LINUX

should be

#ifdef OS_UNIX (I suppose)
    i
    I deleted this line wih it's corresponding #endif and the compilation goes well until the end. Sadly, when running edyuk after the 'make install', I get a core dump just a while after the splash screen appears :/

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi
    I compiled edyuk on windows but with the visual studio compiler and had some compilation problems, too.
    After finding some work arounds (which I may post soon after some more tests) the compilation finishes well.
    But when I try to start the program I face what I believe is the same problem hoborg has: Right after the splash screen appears the program terminates.

This only happens if the "default.*" library files are in the "\plugins" directory. Edyuk starts when there are no plugin files.

QtmPlayer

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks for your suggestion, QTmplayer :)
    I deleted the .so file from plugins subdirectory and now edyuk starts.
    I still can't run it as a normal user - I had to do 'make install' as root and only root can start the environment (when I try as an user, nothing happens, even the splash screen doesn't appear).

------
    edit:

Well, I was celebrating too early. The environment launches well but after I select 'Open' it goes down with a core dump (Illegal instruction).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I must correct my old statement:
    This crash occurs only when I build the \lib, \exec and \default one after another and then run the executable.

When I do all these steps together by simply using the .pro file in the main directory it works perfectly after the workarounds have been installed.

I listed all workarounds in the "msvc_fix.txt" file attached to the post.

Hope this helps.

QtmPlayer

PS: Now Edyuk runs I admit that it's really nice work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by QTmplayer View Post
    I must correct my old statement:
    This crash occurs only when I build the \lib, \exec and \default one after another and then run the executable.

When I do all these steps together by simply using the .pro file in the main directory it works perfectly after the workarounds have been installed.
    Sounds weird but my poor knowledge of MSVC won't help here... You might consider reporting the bug to Trolltech...

I listed all workarounds in the "msvc_fix.txt" file attached to the post.

Hope this helps.
    This surely does! I'll fix the source as soon as possible.

PS: Now Edyuk runs I admit that it's really nice work
    I'm quite happy to see that my work satisfy you. Hope you'll have fun

The environment launches well but after I select 'Open' it goes down with a core dump (Illegal instruction).
    This is weird but I encountered this issue already under Pardus 2007. For an unknown reason the use of QCompleter (by QFileDialog, among others) seems to cause a crash... I admit I don't know how to fix this... Maybe you can confirm this guess by sending me a gdb backtrace. If it really is what I suggested, I shall report a bug to Trolltech, otherwise I'll try to fix this by hand.