Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Smile Display only numbers at Last

Dear Forums,

I have small doubt in QT..... Guys i have Vehicle number as INAP1212 now what i need is each and everytime the last four should always be digits and should not be 0000.............I need a validation for it.........Can anyone make it out for me...........Any solution would be appreciable....

Regards,

Venugopal.T

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Display only numbers at Last

Quote Originally Posted by StarRocks View Post
    Dear Forums,

I have small doubt in QT..... Guys i have Vehicle number as INAP1212 now what i need is each and everytime the last four should always be digits and should not be 0000.............I need a validation for it.........Can anyone make it out for me...........Any solution would be appreciable....

Regards,

Venugopal.T
    I am sorry if it sounds condescending, but you need to understand how this forum works. You have been opening several new topics recently, in which you always ask someone to solve a problem for you, without showing that you actually tried anything on your own. Guess what: the people who help each other here do so for free, in their free time. They will only help you solve your problem, not do it for you. If you are looking for someone to do your work for you, just hire some seasoned Qt developer.

I suggest you try harder, explain what you have tried; I am confident that someone will then help you.

3. The following user says thank you to yeye_olive for this useful post:

d_stranz (7th August 2012)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

You don't explain anything about how or where you want to do this validation. So, if you are trying to validate input into a QLineEdit widget, then I suggest you read about QValidator, QRegExp, and QRegExpValidator. Those classes will allow you to write a validator for the problem you have described.

And like yeye_olive says, don't simply reply with "OK, give me example code for that". Try it on your own, and if you still can't solve it, post your code and ask what you are doing wrong.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback.........Listen i have posted few queries which i solved by my own noone gave any solutions.......First have a look at my queries im posting queries which i tried a lot and only then im posting to my knowledge that queries are not that easy to solve i guess.........Im not jus posting without trying sorry if i hurt u guys.........

Regards,

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

@StarRocks: Look at what you said here. You did not say anything at all about having tried something. You didn't post any code and ask "Why doesn't this work"? You just said "Here's my problem. Tell me the answer".

So when you post something like that, what are we supposed to think? Next time, tell us what you've tried and what didn't work so we can at least tell that you aren't just begging for free answers. You will be much more likely to get some help instead of abuse in that case.
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Dear d_stranz,

Its not like im begging for answers and all..............Please understand that first and i have written a code in Javascript and its working for me but i cant implement the same for C++ right....
    As im new to Qt so i want to know how to use that coz its only validation prob ...........For ur reference the below is the code...

function ValidateVehicleNumber(strVarInstance) {
    var strResult = "";
    var cnt = 0;
    var count1 = 0;
    if (strVarInstance[1] == '') {
    cnt++;
    strResult += "";
    }
    else {
    var VehicleNo = strVarInstance[1];

if (VehicleNo.length < 4) {
    cnt++;

strResult += "Vehicle Number contains Atleast four digits \n ";
    }
    else {
    var index = VehicleNo.length - 4
    var count = 0;
    for (i = index; i < VehicleNo.length; i++)
    {
    var c = VehicleNo.charAt(i);

if (isNaN(c) || c == " " )
    {
    count++;
    }
    if (c == 0) {
    count1++;
    }
    }
    if (count != 0)
    {
    cnt++;

strResult += "Last four character of Vehicle Number digits only \n ";
    }
    if (count1 == 4) {
    cnt++;

strResult += "Vehicle Number should not be zeros \n ";

}
    }
    }
    return strResult;
    }

Regards

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

In order to port this code as-is to Qt you need to do the following (in this order):
    1. learn C++;
    2. learn some Qt basics;
    3. have a look at the documentation for the QString and QChar classes, that you will use to represent strings and characters respectively. All the operations you need are there.

However you can probably replace all this code with a simple regular expression. Once you have done steps 1 and 2 above, you can have a look at QRegExp, which d_stranz mentioned above. The documentation of the class explains the syntax of regular expressions and gives some examples that among other things show how to match digits in a string.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Smile Display only numbers at Last

Dear Forums,

Thanks for the reply .......Will go through the things that you asked me to if any doubts will contact you..........

Regards,

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Dear Forums,

As i have posted previously too i have google searched validations for everything i have got most of them but except the one im searching for i.e having numbers at the last i have tried but achieved only in having something like this as "ap12" but i have to get only numbers after that....Hope you got me......example is IN12AP1212.........Thanks in Advance.......Any solution would be appreciable.....

Regards,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Have you tried to check the strings with a regular expression? See QRegularExpression.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Dear Lykurg,

Thanks for the reply....I have gone through the QRegularExpression but dint find any solution through that so posted in the forums again......Any solution would be appreciable.......

Regards,