Thread: Stop movement of QGraphicsItems on scene in ScrollHandDrag mode of QGraphicsView.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Stop movement of QGraphicsItems on scene in ScrollHandDrag mode of QGraphicsView.

I have multiple QGraphicsItems in scene spread across different parts of scene. In application there are different modes in one of mode user can scroll the scene (palm drag mode).
    To achieve scrolling over scene I set dragMode of QGraphicsView to ScrollHandDrag.

But the problem is when user try to scroll over scene by dragging (MousePress and MouseMove) on any of QGraphicsItem instead of scrolling scene it moves QGraphicsItem.

How can I stop movement of QGraphicsItem and scroll the scene, but I still want to select QGraphicsItems?

NOTE : There are very large number of QGraphicsItems and are of various type.
    So It is not possible to install event filter on QGraphicsItems.

2. The following user says thank you to anwar.qt for this useful post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Stop movement of QGraphicsItems on scene in ScrollHandDrag mode of QGraphicsView.

Reimplement mouse events for the view, only call the base class implementation if you want the items to be movable (i.e. when not in scroll mode). Alternatively while the drag is occuring, remove the unwanted flags (like movable, selectable) from the item under cursor. Just first make sure that a minimal example also reproduces your problem.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

4. The following 2 users say thank you to wysota for this useful post:

anwar.qt (17th October 2012)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Stop movement of QGraphicsItems on scene in ScrollHandDrag mode of QGraphicsView.

Thank You!! Solution Works.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I posted the same issue in an another forum. I got some useful replies. Click here to view.

Setting QGraphicsView interactive to false works Fine!!