Thread: Cannot setup tool chain to build...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Exclamation Cannot setup tool chain to build...

Hello.
    I am running Qt Creator 2.4.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and am trying to build a project.
    However, when I click the Run button, I get an error in the Issues panel saying:

:-1: error: Qt Creator needs a tool chain set up to build. Configure a tool chain in Project mode.
    So I went to the Projects section, and noticed that the "Tool chain:" field was greyed out with the text "<No tool chain selected>".
    So I clicked the "Manage" button right next to that field which brought up a dialog box showing a list of Auto-detected compilers, one of which was MinGW (see attachment).
    So I selected that one, clicked Apply and then Ok, but noticed that the "Tool chain:" field hadn't changed one bit. It still said "<No tool chain selected>".
    Next, I downloaded the latest version of MinGW, deciding to give that a shot instead of the one which came with the Qt SDK, and so then added the newer version as a "Clone" of the old option which I selected in the Build & Run > Tool Chains section, of course changing the compiler and debugger paths to point to the versions I downloaded (resulting paths being: C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-g++.exe and C:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe). But still the same problem!
    I still am not seeing any changes to the Tool chain field, and so every time I try to build the project, I get the same error as above, effectively bringing my project to a grinding halt. So I'm still stuck at the "WTF??" stage, and trying to figure out why Qt Creator is messing up. It seems to be a bug...

Any ideas, anyone??

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images