Hi there,

firstable, I am quite new to qt programming (less than one year). But now I need to show a kind of diagram, and I'd like to use qwt for it.

Unfortunatly, I'm not able, to get this installation working - maybe someone can help me out here.

My standard QT Verison is 4.8.2., and it is working properly with Visual Studio 2010. I am using QT for Visual Studio 2010 with Plugin 1.1.11. So I guess QT is compiled correctly.

Now I try to install qwt. I downloaded a verion 6.0.0 from sourcforge.net, which already is configured in this way:

CONFIG += debug_and_release
CONFIG += build_all
QWT_CONFIG += QwtDll

If I leave this config so, doing:

qmake qwt.pro
nmake

I will receive some errors regarding unresolved externals pointing to a dll-file, resulting in a fatal error after a while...

If I change the config to static build:

# QWT_CONFIG += QwtDll

everything works fine, everything is compiled and also the examples work (after an aditional "nmake install").

But I need to have the QWT widgets in the QT Designer available. But there is no such qwt_designer_plugin.dll file generated. just a qwt_designer_plugin.lib file.
I tried to copy it to C:\Qt\4.8.2\plugins\designer. (just the .lib file)

But after starting the QT Designer, there are no qwt widgets available in the left side. Also deleting the registry-entries, some website point to, will not solve the problem.
I can't see any qwt widget in the designer. The Designer also dosn't show it under failed plugins.

I red something about, that i need to compile qwt twice with the version, the designer is build with. So can anyone tell me, which exact version I need, to compile qwt with?
I tried with 4.8.3, and the designer tells me based on 4.8.3, abut the results with compiling qwt is the same as stated above, when I compile qwt with 4.8.3.

I also made a complete new installation of an old VS2008 (on another fresh installed PC), and tried also with 4.8.3 and with qwt 6.0.1. Results are exactly the same.

Has anyone an idea, how to get this working?

thanks in advance,

Steffen