Thread: QtCreator unable to copy to the clipboard, and imports wrong header (Linux Mint 14)

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default QtCreator unable to copy to the clipboard, and imports wrong header (Linux Mint 14)

Hi,

Firstly, QtCreator seems unable to copy to my clipboard. It can paste just fine, but it can't copy. Actually, that's not entirely true. It seems to copy correctly for about the first 10 minutes of use, but after that it seemingly just loses the ability to copy to the clipboard. This happens every time, so i'm guessing some common operation that I do after opening QtCreator causes this bug to occur. Has anyone else experienced this?

Secondly, if I make a Qt GUI application (just by going to file -> new project) and then add a QtDeclarativeView to UI in the form designer, then it goes very wrong. iIt imports the wrong file, importing qtquick1/qdeclarativeview when it should just import qdeclarativeview. Also, it needs to add Qt += declarative to the .pro file to see the qdeclarative library i'm guessing. Those were the things I did to get the view to work correctly anyway. Even after all that though, it still gave me a lot of grief when specifying the source property to the view.

I'm guessing the second problem is just an annoying nasty bug....but is the first one at all fixable? I'm guessing these problems are due to the fact that it's new software and i'm running it on Linux.

Thanks a lot,

Matthew

Edit:: This is 2.6.1 on Qt 5.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: QtCreator unable to copy to the clipboard, and imports wrong header (Linux Mint 1

1st. bug: I haven't noticed it yet. But I haven't used the new Qt5/QtCreator2.6.1 for very long.

2nd. bug: Confirmed. Seems there's still a naming mixup between quick1 and declarative here and there. The docs claim that .pro files should have QT += quick1 to use the old Quick1 module (which is what we are using when adding a QDeclarativeView). But it seem to only accept QT+=declarative.
    It is odd about the wrong include file: I have recompiled the QtDesigner plugin and checked that Src/qtquick1/tools/designer/src/plugins/qdeclarativeview/qdeclarativeview_plugin.cpp and Src/plugins/qdeclarativeview/qdeclarativeview_plugin.cpp both have the correct line:
    Qt Code:
    1. QString QDeclarativeViewPlugin::includeFile() const
    2. {
    3. return QStringLiteral("QtDeclarative/QDeclarativeView");
    4. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I've recompiled the plugin and put the DLL in Tools\QtCreator\bin\designer and 5.0.0\msvc2010\plugins\designer but I still see the wrong include (QtQuick1/QDeclarativeView)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QtCreator unable to copy to the clipboard, and imports wrong header (Linux Mint 1

Quote Originally Posted by squimmy View Post
    Secondly, if I make a Qt GUI application (just by going to file -> new project) and then add a QtDeclarativeView to UI in the form designer, then it goes very wrong. iIt imports the wrong file, importing qtquick1/qdeclarativeview when it should just import qdeclarativeview. Also, it needs to add Qt += declarative to the .pro file to see the qdeclarative library i'm guessing. Those were the things I did to get the view to work correctly anyway. Even after all that though, it still gave me a lot of grief when specifying the source property to the view.

I'm guessing the second problem is just an annoying nasty bug....but is the first one at all fixable? I'm guessing these problems are due to the fact that it's new software and i'm running it on Linux.
    QDeclarativeView is part of Qt4. You shouldn't be using it with Qt5 at all.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Hi, I can confirm the first bug. Having the same problem, with Linux Mint 14.