Thread: configure error - qtbase/configure not found. Did you forget to run init-repository?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Question configure error - qtbase/configure not found. Did you forget to run init-repository?

I'm trying to build Qt 5.0 for Visual Studio 2012. Perl and Python are both installed and in Path. Originally, I was just using the commands from the ReadMe, but switched up to the command recommended by http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/5250...-Visual-Studio . Regardless of what I pass in, however, I get the same response.

Qt Code:
    1. C:\MyPath\Qt_5_0>configure -prefix %CD%\qtbase -opensource -opengl desktop -nomake tests
    2. /hdd/MyPath/Qt_5_0/C:/MyPath/Qt_5_0/qtbase/configure not found. Did you forget to run "init-repository"? at C:\MyPath\Qt_5_0\configure line 88.
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Also, as a newbie when it comes to building libraries and utilities from scratch, how might I have diagnosed the problem and figured out the solution myself? I looked at the Perl code which seems to only send that line if //qtbase/configure isn't passed in, but it is being passed in. Thanks in advance.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: configure error - qtbase/configure not found. Did you forget to run init-reposito

Apparently just running it from within qtbase works just fine. This leads me to a follow up question: why does the ReadMe explicitly state running the configure from within the root directory? Also, how do the configure in the root director and in qtbase differ in function and purpose?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: configure error - qtbase/configure not found. Did you forget to run init-reposito

Well, did you run init-repository? If you configure in qtbase then only qt base is built, qt addons are not.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

The nmake failed so I guess I'm back to square one. Regardless, I'd like to build it all, so that doesn't matter all that much.

I haven't been following the git guide at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git . I just downloaded the whole 270 mb of source from Qt-projects. When I unpack it, there's no init-repository script for me to run with perl.

If, however, I choose to go the git route, the init-repository is indeed there, but when I run perl init-repository , the following occurs:

Qt Code:
    1. perl init-repository
    2. "GetOptionsFromArray" is not exported by the Getopt::Long module
    3. Can't continue after import errors at init-repository line 201
    4. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at init-repository line 201.
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Don't git and perl init-repositories simply get me to where I was previously, having downloaded the source, or does something else happen during the init-repository phase?

5. The following user says thank you to Codaraxis for this useful post:

xtofl (27th May 2014)

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

I'm not certain how big of a faux pas it is to double post if the reply involves the solution, more or less, but I figured out the problem with perl init-repository . The wrong version of perl was being used, since msys was in my system Path. With it removed, perl init-repository , and the configure both worked like a charm. Hopefully someone will find these blunders useful and informative.

7. The following user says thank you to Codaraxis for this useful post:

xtofl (27th May 2014)

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

I'm guessing you're using Perl from a Cygwin installation, eh? The give-away: '/hdd/MyPath/Qt_5_0/C:/MyPath/Qt_5_0/qtbase/configure not found' I see the '/hdd/MyPath/...' structure.

I had the same problem and I tried to build Qt5 using Perl from my Cygwin installation.

What I did:

- Start VS 2008
    - Tools | VS 2008 command prompt
    - > cd c:\programs\qt\5.0
    - > (update LIB and INCLUDE to add my MySQL details)
    - > PATH=%PATH%;c:\cygwin\bin
    - > configure -prefix....

Same error.

I downloaded ActiveState Perl and installed it. I was successful in getting configure to run as documented how to run it.

But now I have a problem building in general. That's another thread...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Same here: my `perl` was the one coming with git-bash - 5.8.8 built for msys. After installing ActivePerl, and setting my PATH=C:\Perl64\bin;%PATH%, init-repository starts working.