Hello there,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to QT (only heard about it a week ago when i started a new job). I'm originally a web designer (HTML/CSS, sadly bad in javascript) so the company i started working thought it would be a great idea to let me work on the UI's of their applications as well. Now i've been messing around with QT Designer and have been busy on a general theme-stylesheet that can be used on all future projects. Thought it would be easy since it's a lot like CSS, but much harder since so many stuff like widgets and frames are linked together.

Anyway, drifting offtopic...after getting the stylesheet ready for all the elements, i've been trying to build some User Interfaces for some small tools that the development team is working on and found out that the LayOut component of QT is another..... hard thing to get used too. Usually clicking the GRID layout button makes my UI explode in unexpected ways. So clearly I need some learning to do before i get the hang of it, but there are some deadlines getting close for some of the tools.

Now to my question: I've been working on a small dialog tool and have some trouble getting the layout to work. The layout i build with just drag and dropping looks fine, but when i try to get the layout to work when you resize the mainwindow, it all gets broken. So I thought, why would the enduser even want to resize this window? Why can't I just set the minsize and maxsize the same so the user CAN'T resize it and leave the layout like i drag/dropped it?
This ofcourse would be a (in my opinion) a short-term solution for our small tool applications, but would be an issue when we start to work on our main application which is fullscreen.

TL;DR If I set a fixed window size, do i still need to define the LayOut with the "Layout in a grid" or "Layout horizontally"? Or can i leave it like that for small tools....