Thread: Using QWebElement.findAll() without using QWebFrame and its parent classes

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Using QWebElement.findAll() without using QWebFrame and its parent classes

Hello all,

I wonder if there is any alternative to using QWebElement.findAll() without setting up classes up to QWebPage ? Because in my case this causes immense resource consumption from 7MB up to 21MB (also WebCoreNode leak warning) just to create a virtual webpage of nonvisible html code - but I have to admit I did only page.deleteLater(); to manage resources. Here is the code:
    Reply is QNetworkReply
    Qt Code:
    1. QWebPage page;
    2. QWebFrame *frame = page.mainFrame();
    3. QString htmlReply = Reply->readAll();
    4. frame->setHtml(htmlReply);
    5. QWebElement html = frame->documentElement();
    6. QWebElementCollection myOutput = html.findAll("DIV.myClass");
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    Or do I have to use regexp search on qstring with html code?

Thanks for any answers

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Using QWebElement.findAll() without using QWebFrame and its parent classes

Hello again, since nobody replied to this thread I must've missed some obvious facts or I formulated my post unclearly. I already gave up searching for alternatives to QWebPage DOM, so I would like to proceed with one more question.

Now I would like to ask a more clear question: Why does frame->setHtml(htmlReply); cause heavy resource consumption? I tracked down that at this point the memory usage (reported by task manager) went from ~5MB to ~19MB and it stayed that way until the program was terminated (I used deleteLater() on frame, but with no effect). Btw htmlReply contained only 10322 bytes of html page.

I would be happy if someone would care to explain this to me,

Thanks again

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Using QWebElement.findAll() without using QWebFrame and its parent classes

Nobody ? Still got the same issue - spike in memory usage and WebCoreNode leak message after program ends, code is almost the same:
    Qt Code:
    1. void MainWindow::replyFinished(QNetworkReply *reply)
    2. {
    3. QWebPage page;
    4. QWebFrame *frame = page.mainFrame();
    6. QByteArray html = reply->peek(reply->size()); //~10kB
    7. frame->setContent(html);
    8. QWebElement htmlElement = frame->documentElement();
    9. ...
    10. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    I do this only for the access to html element contents, page is not showed visually anywhere.
    Last edited by ntXn; 14th April 2013 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Well... obviously setting content on a frame causes it to be parsed and filled with webpage data, hence memory consumption. The size of the webpage source code does not correspond to memory size consumed by the webpage, if that's what you expected.

If you wish to work on the page source only then don't use WebKit but rather parse the code using XML parsers or regular expressions.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

5. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

ntXn (14th April 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. Seems like I have no other options, regular expressions would be too impractical in my case, and XML parsers are not able to parse HTML as it's said here http://stackoverflow.com/a/5202694

So now my only remaining problem is to solve the WebCoreNode leak, any ideas how ? I tried deleteLater() on everything, didn't help. WebCoreNode leak warning shows only when I include the abovementioned code, so the root cause should be there.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

I have no idea what leak you are talking about.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Well, I get this in qt creator console "LEAK: x WebCoreNode" message when I exit my program. x is a random number
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

And where does this message come from?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

What I know is that the leak happens when I use the WebKit in my function replyFinished() - check my previous posts please, I don't want to repost the same code again.

Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

How do you know there is any leak? You only get some warning from some undetermined component.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Oh, so that shouldn't bother me ? Ok then, I can say that my program runs normally I was just scared, because I know that memleaks should be solved.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by ntXn View Post
    Oh, so that shouldn't bother me ?
    I don't know if it should bother you or not. Without investigating, it is just some message. That's why I asked you where the message comes from and I didn't mean your code but rather what generates this message.