Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt with Phonon and Glib

Hi all

My enviornment is as follows

Operation System--Open Suse 11.2
    Qt Version--4.6.2
    Embedded Device--ARM Board 6446

I have ported QT on to the board successfully but as it was the first time ,I didnt gave -phonon option along with configure. So now I started reconfiguring Qt by giving the phonon option. As I have given -phonon ,I have also given -glib along with the configure command.But now the configure process is getting stuck up .It is showing the error "Cannot find /lib/libpthread.so.0". I have given -force-pkg-config along with the configure option, If I remove that then the same error with a small change occues "Cannot find /lib/libc.so.6"

I have cross compiled Glib and Gstreamer for my board

My configure command :./configure -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -phonon -phonon-backend -glib -I /home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/usr/include/glib-2.0/ -I /home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I /home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/usr/include -L /home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/usr/lib -L /home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/lib -lgthread-2.0 -verbose -force-pkg-config

My Error part
    Glib auto-detection... ()
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -c -pipe -O0 -Wall -W -I../../../mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I../../../../workdir/filesys/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I../../../../workdir/filesys/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I../../../../workdir/filesys/usr/include -o glib.o glib.cpp
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o glib glib.o -L/home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/usr/lib -L/home/testuser1/workdir/filesys/lib -lgthread-2.0
    /usr/local/arm/4.3.2/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libc.so.6 when searching for /lib/libpthread.so.0
    /usr/local/arm/4.3.2/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/libpthread.so.0
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    gmake: *** [glib] Error 1
    Glib disabled.
    Glib support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!
    Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to ./configure to see the final report.
    If you believe this message is in error you may use the continue
    switch (-continue) to ./configure to continue.

Please help me in configuring phonon for Qt.
    Reduce-Reuse-Recycle

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Qt with Phonon and Glib

Hi SP,

I am trying to build qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4(for Embedded Linux) with Qt Glib support, dbus support. So in the configure step i gave

./configure -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -qt-kbd-linuxinput -qt-mouse-tslib -webkit -glib -dbus -force-pkg-config -opensource -verbose -R /usr/local/tslib/lib/

But at last i got error

glib support
    cc1plus: warning: include location "/usr/include/glib-2.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation
    glib.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
    glib.cpp:55: warning: 'pollfd' is used uninitialized in this function
    arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o glib glib.o -L/usr/local/tslib/lib -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0
    /opt/codesourcery/arm-2009q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread-2.0
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [glib] Error 1
    Glib disabled.
    Glib support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!

As i am not a QT/C++ developer , I googled a lot to fix this error. But i cannot find any clue. As u have faced the same type of issue how do u fixed it .Please help. Thanks in advance ....

Regards,
    Vignesh