Thread: lQtGuid4 error - Compiler setting problem

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Unhappy lQtGuid4 error - Compiler setting problem

Hi,

I am stuck up with a problem for the past few days. Please Help me out. I have created a sample application using Signals and Slots.

Now i do
    1> qmake -project
    2> qmake
    3> make

after doin make it gives the following error:

C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtGuid4.
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\Sample.exe] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/PracticeQT/Sample'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2

and returns back to the command prompt. I have also attached the command prompt window which contains the same error at the end of the message.

I have multiple times re-installed the QT with MinGW in the proper order and ran configure.exe. But then have got the same error.

Please tell me how to get out from this error. I have installed the QT 4.1.0 open source and MinGW 3.2.0 versions.

Thanking you,

Kapil

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: lQtGuid4 error - Compiler setting problem

You lack Qt debug libraries. Either add CONFIG+=release to your project file or compile Qt debug libs (I think configure -debug && make does the job, but there should also be an item in Start menu which activates the process).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Kapil
    Now i do
    1> qmake -project
    2> qmake
    3> make
    This one always compiles both debug and release targets, shich means that the standard installation of Qt 4.x will fail whenever qmake -project is used .

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi

I am sorry but i couldn't get any solution. I have configured the QT with the option configure -debug && make but it gave an error at the end. It was a long list of errors. I am pasting here the last page of the errors. Pleaz help me to find a solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3331: error: `CS_ACTIVE' undeclared (first use this f
    unction)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3333: error: `WP_CAPTION' undeclared (first use this
    function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `virtual QPixmap QWindowsXPStyle:
    :standardPixmap(QStyle::StandardPixmap, const QStyleOption*, const QWidget*) con
    st':
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3368: error: `WP_SMALLCLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first
    use this function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3368: error: `CBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use this
    function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3371: error: `TS_TRUE' undeclared (first use this fun
    ction)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3371: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
    function
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3364: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `QIcon QWindowsXPStyle::standardI
    conImplementation(QStyle::StandardPixmap, const QStyleOption*, const QWidget*) c
    onst':
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3399: error: `WP_SMALLCLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first
    use this function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3399: error: `CBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use this
    function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3400: error: `WP_MAXBUTTON' undeclared (first use thi
    s function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3400: error: `MAXBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use thi
    s function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3403: error: `TS_TRUE' undeclared (first use this fun
    ction)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3403: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
    function
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3411: error: `MAXBS_PUSHED' undeclared (first use thi
    s function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3415: error: `MAXBS_HOT' undeclared (first use this f
    unction)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3419: error: `MAXBS_DISABLED' undeclared (first use t
    his function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3396: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3439: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
    function
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3443: error: `WP_CLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first use t
    his function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3448: error: `CBS_PUSHED' undeclared (first use this
    function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3452: error: `CBS_HOT' undeclared (first use this fun
    ction)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3456: error: `CBS_DISABLED' undeclared (first use thi
    s function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3433: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3473: error: `WP_RESTOREBUTTON' undeclared (first use
    this function)
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3476: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
    function
    styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3469: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
    mingw32-make[2]: *** [tmp\obj\debug_shared\qwindowsxpstyle.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.0/src/gui'
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.0/src/gui'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug-gui] Error 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried the CONFIG += release option then it created an ".exe" in the release but when i run that exe it terminates giving memory error.

Please tell me what i should do now.

I also noticed one thing that in my qt\lib directory i dont have the "libQtguid4" file. Now how do i get it or from where.

Thanking you,

Kapil

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Paste the first page of errors, not the last.

I also tried the CONFIG += release option then it created an ".exe" in the release but when i run that exe it terminates giving memory error.
    Well, this is a problem with your code and not Qt

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hi,

so far i am able to debug and get an .exe for my "ui" files created. But whenever i try to create a prohram in Signals and Slots which uses the QObject, it gives and error and is not able to execute it.
    After 'make' it creates the ".exe" but is giving errors after that, i.e. does not run the program.
    As u had said that the problem is with the program and not the QT but even if i execute the sample programs given or example from the net, it gives the same error there and does not execute them. With Signals and Slots i have made a very basic program and am not able to get the output. Please suggest me a solution to it.

Thanking you,

Kapil

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

You could show some code and error messages, you know. Without them it is hard to say anything.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Tripple thread