Thread: How to crosscompile .pro file to work as exe in windows in qt linux environment ?

Exclamation How to crosscompile .pro file to work as exe in windows in qt linux environment ?

Hello,
    I am new to QT.
    I have developed QT GUI application on linux using QT 5.1 and i want to generate exe for windows using executable in QT 5.1.
    How to cross-compile.pro project file which is in linux for windows environment to work as a exe without any error ?
    Can you please guide me it is very urgent.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: How to crosscompile .pro file to work as exe in windows in qt linux environment ?

You should post this in Newbie section. You need not cross compile it. The only requirement is Qt should also be installed in your Windows environment. The same program should build and run fine on both the systems as Qt is independent of OS.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to crosscompile .pro file to work as exe in windows in qt linux environment ?

it's simpler to make a virtual machine and compile natively in the virtual machine.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.