Hello!

Some time ago my application used to store quite a bunch of data into a QVector of structs (something like 450 Mb). When the app was finished while having the data stored it, it would happen quickly. But some time ago I changed the struct-based containing and create a similar class so I could have a better programming. Now I work with a QVector of objects from a given class. Unfortunately, since I did this change the app now takes quite a time to be actually finished after I click the MainWindow's close button - the window itself is closed, but when I go to the task manager I can see the .exe in the executable list for more two to five seconds, and this running in release mode.

I would like to know more about this situation: is it normal for this to happen? Shouldn't the change makes no effect at all? Does this means as well that my app will possibly be slower while dealing with my data, specially when I had to erase part of it while working with the app opened? Is there a way Qt provides for quick data erasing?

Thanks,

Momergil