I am new to Qt Model/View. I've used others successfully though.

What I want is conceptually simple, but the code is not coming together. What I want is a view that is essentially a wrapping icon view. The same kind that is found in file browsers. I do need a custom delegate though, because there are about 6 variables that are considered in the rendering of each pixmap (decorators and such). In addition I'd like to provide on-element controls in this particular view, such as an edit [e] or remove [r] icon.

+-------+
| [img] |
| [img] |
|[e] [r]|
|[title]|
+-------+

Each one of these items I want to have laid out in a wrapping view, much like word wrap. I'd also like each item to be of variable dimensions, so a grid layout does not work well.

I was studying the docs and writing code, but then I realized that
1) I don't know how to implement the wrapping in a view
2) I don't know how to provide the mini-widgets for editing. I can draw them in the delegate's paint() just fine, but it'd be a manual process determining if a mini-widget was clicked.

I want to use model/view because of the handy proxy/sorting functionality, and I wish to have a table view where the 6 or so attributes are done with conventional widgets (combo boxes and line edits)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I certainly would be grateful.