Thread: qt5.10 windowsXp strange conflict in displaying rendered Qpixmap in a graphicsView

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default qt5.10 windowsXp strange conflict in displaying rendered Qpixmap in a graphicsView

Hi I'm porting an application from Qt4.8 to 5.10. The application worked well in linux, mac and windows using 4.8.
    When I ported it to 5.10 it worked well in linux but in windows only works in some computers (still didn't tried Mac).
    The application runs, no error is reported but I cannot see the pixmap image in a graphicsview window.
    there a piece of code:
    Qt Code:
    1. scene.clear();
    3. QPixmap *renderer = new QPixmap(tempfile.fileName().toLatin1().constData());
    5. scene.clear();
    6. scene.addPixmap(*renderer);
    7. this->ui->graphicsView->setScene(&scene);
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I attach two screenshots of exactly the same application in two different windows computers (same binary and same dll's)
    qtwin1.pngqtwin2.png

I imagine that there should be any kind of conflict with the windows libraries but have no clue of what it may be and how to get around it.
    any hints will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: qt5.10 windowsXp strange conflict in displaying rendered Qpixmap in a graphicsVi

Are you using the ANGLE or OpenGL-based Qt build on XP? ANGLE is known to have issues on XP.
    http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-on-W...GLE-and-OpenGL

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: qt5.10 windowsXp strange conflict in displaying rendered Qpixmap in a graphicsVi

I'm using openGl

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I still haven't a clue what is going on but I can confirm that the problem is in fact with the rendering of the pixmap on the scene as the program works when i comment the addPixmap and add a simple test instead
    Qt Code:
    1. //scene.addPixmap(*renderer);
    2. scene.addText("Hello, world!");
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

It seems that the problem is not in rendering a pixmap but with the QTemporaryFile Class that I use to build my png file. Most likely this class has problems with the mingw+qt5.1+some windows. I'll try to research further.

I've found the problem. It is not qt fault, neither mingw or windows it is really my fault. For reasons I do not already remember I was using
    tempfile.fileName().toLatin1().constData() instead of just tempfile.fileName() and when the windows user have characters with accents the path of the temporary file became somehow inaccessible. In 4.8 I had the .toAscii() instead of toLatin1() and everything worked fine.
    Last edited by artome; 17th July 2013 at 19:10.