Thread: Project ERROR: Unknow module(s) in QT: quick

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4

Default Project ERROR: Unknow module(s) in QT: quick

Hi everyone,
    i've just downloaded the new QT 5.1.0 sources and i'm trying to crosscompile the library for ARM.
    From the main directory i've lauched this configuration:

./configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -prefix /myDir/ -no-opengl -no-icu -no-xcb

make

i got this errors during ‘make’ command:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick
    make3: *** [sub-widgets-make_first] Error 3
    make3: Leaving directory `/opt/QT/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtdeclarative/src/imports’
    make2: *** [sub-imports-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make2: Leaving directory `/opt/QT/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtdeclarative/src’
    make1: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make1: Leaving directory `/opt/QT/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtdeclarative’
    make: *** [module-qtdeclarative-make_first] Error 2

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Project ERROR: Unknow module(s) in QT: quick

QtQuick 2 cannot function without OpenGL so you shouldn't even try to build this module.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

Danilo (17th July 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4

Thanks for the reply.
    So is it possible to use QT5.1 without qtquick (and for this reason without using openGL) and avoid the error above mentioned??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Yes, just disable the module through configure. You should probably also explicitly enable a QPA plugin if you are not using xcb.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I'm running into this problem as well. I've added -skip quick1 to the configure options. The -skip option of the configure command rejects plain "quick" because there isn't a qtquick dir, but there is a qtquick1 dir. And I still get "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick" when building.

Here is my configure line:

Qt Code:
    1. OPENSSL_LIBS="-L/home/username/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto" ./configure -v -prefix /home/username/usr/qt-5.1.0 -debug -opensource -confirm-license -qt-sql-sqlite -openssl-linked -nomake demos -nomake examples -dbus -no-glib -no-xcb -no-dbus -no-opengl -skip quick1
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    Last edited by zd3nik; 20th August 2013 at 01:46.

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Android

Hello,

I had a similar problem building a similar flavour of qt5.1 for ARM.

I was trying to get rid of webkit and quick, basically anything graphical as I am building for a target with no screen - but making use of Qt nonetheless.

I found the only way to not build these things in qt5.1, if using the qt-everywhere release package (i.e. not building from the git repositories), was to delete or rename the directores containing projects you don't want built.

In my case this meant renaming qtgraphicaleffects, qtquick1, qtquickcontrols, qtwebkit and qtwebkit-examples. I was then able to configure, make and install using the following:

./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-ti-g++ -prefix /opt/qt-arm -no-cups -no-accessibility -reduce-relocations -no-sm -no-nis -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -qt-zlib -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql -no-pch -no-dbus -no-glib -no-audio-backend -nomake docs -nomake translations -no-opengl -no-pch -make libs -make tools -no-javascript-jit -no-qml-debug -nomake web-kit -nomake examples -nomake webkit -nomake quick -nomake quick2 -sysroot /mnt/rootfs

make

sudo make install

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks, I tried as you have told,but still failed.
    so,anyone helps?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtaneglen View Post
    Hello,

I had a similar problem building a similar flavour of qt5.1 for ARM.

I was trying to get rid of webkit and quick, basically anything graphical as I am building for a target with no screen - but making use of Qt nonetheless.

I found the only way to not build these things in qt5.1, if using the qt-everywhere release package (i.e. not building from the git repositories), was to delete or rename the directores containing projects you don't want built.

In my case this meant renaming qtgraphicaleffects, qtquick1, qtquickcontrols, qtwebkit and qtwebkit-examples. I was then able to configure, make and install using the following:

./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-ti-g++ -prefix /opt/qt-arm -no-cups -no-accessibility -reduce-relocations -no-sm -no-nis -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -qt-zlib -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-odbc -no-sql-psql -no-pch -no-dbus -no-glib -no-audio-backend -nomake docs -nomake translations -no-opengl -no-pch -make libs -make tools -no-javascript-jit -no-qml-debug -nomake web-kit -nomake examples -nomake webkit -nomake quick -nomake quick2 -sysroot /mnt/rootfs

make

sudo make install