Thread: Qt with VS2013

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt with VS2013

VS2013 was released on Oct.17. Anybody tried it with Qt?

Thanks.

Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Qt with VS2013

I enjoyed reading this post. I congratulate you for the terrific job you've made. Great stuff, just simply amazing!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

No, it is you whom I have to thank. Very insightful comment you made, keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

the qt plugin **seems** to be compatible with vs2013 if you override the version check manually, so i hope we will see an updated, official plugin with Qt 5.2 in December.

I will check this.

Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Quote Originally Posted by belboner55 View Post
    I enjoyed reading this post. I congratulate you for the terrific job you've made. Great stuff, just simply amazing!
    Post very nicely written and it contains useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Apparently one of the problems with the Qt VS Add-in and VS 2013 is that VS 2013 has moved away from the add-in model to some other scheme, and the Qt developers have not kept up. Possibly they want to force everyone to move to QtCreator, which is fine if you're a lonely developer working in a closet somewhere with no friends. But if you are a developer who works for someone else, and that someone says "You must use Visual Studio", then you're stuck. One day maybe the trolls will realize that most of the world's developers aren't also trolls, and they'll devote some effort to keeping the tools we need to work with Microsoft up to date.

Add-ins are still supported in VS 2013, but deprecated. So, eventually in a later version of VS, add-ins will stop working entirely.

Apparently someone has done some things to make the VS Add-in at least install for VS 2013: See this Qt-Project forum thread and this post of a patched version of the add-in. Use at your own risk.