Thread: I NEED TO COMPILE THE Qt LIBS SO THAT I CAN GET THE MySQL DRIVER dll ON Qt 5.1.1

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default I NEED TO COMPILE THE Qt LIBS SO THAT I CAN GET THE MySQL DRIVER dll ON Qt 5.1.1

hi everyone, I hope all is well. I'm struggling to compile the Qt libs for Qt 5.1.1 for android. I must compile the libs so that I can get the MySql driver dll's. The information I have acquired from the internet on how to do this relates to Qt 4.7.x none of it is about Qt 5.1.1. According to the information on the net, one must locate the file "src" under the Qt installation directory and then go to plugins->SqlLibs->mysql etc. the problem I have with Qt 5.1.1 is that I don't seems to find the file "src" under the Qt installation directory. can somebody help me with this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: I NEED TO COMPILE THE Qt LIBS SO THAT I CAN GET THE MySQL DRIVER dll ON Qt 5.1.1

No need to yell

The Qt source is readily available from the Qt Project web site downloads page.

3. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

ayanda83 (8th November 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: I NEED TO COMPILE THE Qt LIBS SO THAT I CAN GET THE MySQL DRIVER dll ON Qt 5.1.1

So I downloaded the Qt source and I tried building the source code to get the MySql dll but the code contains errors, something about the init_thread_not being declared in the function close(). does anybody know how to solve this problem of building the sql driver?

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Have you read this ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

@stampede, yes i have read it many times I was actually following the instructions in that document to build the source code.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Ok, so on which step of the FAQ are you stuck now ? Can you post the exact error output ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

It is likely to be be failing because there are no Android MySql drivers (if such a thing even exists) available in the build environment. I am guessing mysql_thread_init() in the plugin open() funcion and mysql_thread_end() in close() feature among the errors... Along with all the other MySql library functions.

See thread https://www.qtcentre.org/showthread.php?t=56202 for a possible approach.