Hi all. I’m new to the forum.

Sometime in the future (not so far future), i’ll start creating my game engine . It’ll be based on the ogre3d rendering engine.
I’m a windows guy and i like what directx does. The problem is qt uses opengl but it’s also open source.

This is a part of what i intend on integrating into ogre 3d to make a full game engine:

Physics:
1. Physx + source code for physics engine
3. Beam Ng (car physics and by the time it’s completed, everthing PS: I contacted them)
2. Custom physics engine for the game engine (combination)
3. Havok Physics, Havok Cloth etc.
4. ODE
5. Bullet

Sound:
1. Fmod Studio

Graphics Renderer:
1. The base which is Ogre 3d

Game Engine Camera:
1. All views

Asset creator:
1. Blender
2. Zbrush
3. Gimp

Graphical Interface/API:
1. DirectX
2. Open GL (later on)

Platform:
1. Windows PC
2. Others later on

Language:
1. C++ (obviously)
2. Lua as scripting language

Genre of games for engine:
1. OPEN WORLD
2. Racing
3. FPS (maybe)

AI:

1. Custom AI for engine (combination) – Character AI – NPC AI – Enemy AI etc.
2. Universal AI Kit from torque (i’ll just use it to as a reference for creating mine)
3. Tactical AI Kit from torque (reference also)
4. Havok AI

Lighting:
1. Ogre 3d

World Size supported by engine:
1. Large worlds up to 10km x 10km.

Loading Screens:
1. For open world- NONE
2. For Levels: Maybe

Others:
1. Ragdoll physics
2. Motion Capture support
3. etc.

I’ve not yet downloaded qt, trying to evaluate how i’m going to download such a large program.
At the moment, i’m using vc++ and it does be able to do what i want or i may not just really know how to use it.

I really need to be able to design the gui, and i don’t thing vc++ can allow me that pleasure without killing me.

I know making this engine is going to take a considerable amount of time but at least, i have a plan and i also have a software idea that if it works out, it'll reduce development time by up 30-50%.
I am not making the engine to learn game creation so i already know about the “create games, not engine” article. Rather, i’m creating the engine to create a game because no engine gives the functionality i need even though two came very close, Torque 3d and cryengine but they still lack some things i will need.

Is it possible to do all this with qt and please is it possible to code/enable directx11 support for qt?

I really like the feel of qt and would love it if this is possible.
Thanks