Thread: Using Imagemagick lib

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Using Imagemagick lib

Hi,

I've been trying to get Imagemagick working in my Qt project. Because I'm using MinGW compiler, I had to build the Imagemagic lib myself. I followed these instructions: http://imagemagick.sourceforge.net/h...w/install.html

My .pro file looks like this:

Qt Code:
    1. INCLUDEPATH += "C:/ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q8/include"
    2. INCLUDEPATH += "C:/ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q8/include/magick"
    3. INCLUDEPATH += "C:/ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q8/include/Magick++"
    4. INCLUDEPATH += "C:/ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q8/include/wand"
    5. LIBS += -Lc:/MinGW/lib -llibMagickWand-6.Q16 -llibMagickCore-6.Q16
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I have added headers to .cpp and it seems to work:

Qt Code:
    1. #include <Magick++.h>

Then I have tried to copy the related 'dll' and 'a' files under mingw/lib and the application directory.

Problem is that it gives following errors when building the project:

Qt Code:
    1. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: Offset (484) greater than or equal to (null) size (4954657).
    2. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `EnterCriticalSection@4'
    3. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '0', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    4. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x61): undefined reference to `LeaveCriticalSection@4'
    5. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '20039', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    6. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0xb5): undefined reference to `EnterCriticalSection@4'
    7. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '8259', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    8. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0xd0): undefined reference to `LeaveCriticalSection@4'
    9. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '11829', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    10. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x104): undefined reference to `EnterCriticalSection@4'
    11. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '11777', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    12. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x133): undefined reference to `LeaveCriticalSection@4'
    13. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '26989', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    14. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x156): undefined reference to `LeaveCriticalSection@4'
    15. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '12151', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    16. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x1af): undefined reference to `DeleteCriticalSection@4'
    17. c:/qtsdk/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: Dwarf Error: found dwarf version '29811', this reader only handles version 2 and 3 information.
    18. c:/MinGW/lib/libmingw32.a(tlsthrd.o):tlsthrd.c:(.text+0x1dc): undefined reference to `InitializeCriticalSection@4'
    19. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    20. mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [debug\barcode_reader_from_image.exe] Error 1
    21. mingw32-make.exe: *** [debug] Error 2
    22. 09:47:54: The process "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
    23. Error while building project barcode_reader_from_image (target: Desktop)
    24. When executing build step 'Make'

Any idea what is causing the errors? By googling I found some comments that some other libs should also be added, but at least these did not make any change:

Qt Code:
    1. LIBS += c:/MinGW/lib/libkernel32.a
    2. LIBS += c:/MinGW/lib/libgdi32.a

On the other hand, if I do not put the -Lc:/MinGW/lib to the .pro file (only the two libraries), it seems that the added libraries are not found:

.pro:
    Qt Code:
    5. LIBS += c:/MinGW/lib/libMagickCore-6-Q16.a
    6. LIBS += c:/MinGW/lib/libMagickWand-6-Q16.a

Then trying to use the libraries in source:

Qt Code:
    1. Magick::Image magick;

build error:

Qt Code:
    1. debug/mainwindow.o:C:\Users\Aki\barcode_reader_from_image-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_0_for_Desktop_-_MinGW__Qt_SDK__Debug/../barcode_reader_from_image/mainwindow.cpp:49: undefined reference to `Magick::InitializeMagick(char const*)'
    2. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    3. mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [debug\barcode_reader_from_image.exe] Error 1
    4. mingw32-make.exe: *** [debug] Error 2
    5. 10:41:12: The process "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
    6. Error while building project barcode_reader_from_image (target: Desktop)
    7. When executing build step 'Make'

Don't know anymore what to try. Any help is higly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Using Imagemagick lib

Quote Originally Posted by Mobility View Post
    Hi,

I've been trying to get Imagemagick working in my Qt project. Because I'm using MinGW compiler, I had to build the Imagemagic lib myself. I followed these instructions: http://imagemagick.sourceforge.net/h...w/install.html

My .pro file looks like this:

Qt Code:
    5. LIBS += -Lc:/MinGW/lib -llibMagickWand-6.Q16 -llibMagickCore-6.Q16
    Your LIBS line is missing the -L directive for the ImageMagick library directory.
    Probably something like
    Qt Code:
    1. -LC:/ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q8/lib

Cheers,
    _