Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf007
    Hi fullmetalcoder,

I quickly went through this thread and tested DevQt myself.
    Your project looks very promissing !!

My first suggestion would be to separate the *.ccp, *.h and *.ui files
    on the workspace filebrowser

I also noticed a problem when double clicking on a file of this workspace it is opened in the main window. If you then close this window (of the just opened file) and double click again on the same file in the workspace: DevQt will crash instead of opening the file again. (tested several times and easy to reproduce).

Something else:
    What about merging seneca's QSA script programming IDE with DevQt IDE ?

Daniel
    The crash that comes from file openning has been fixed in version 0.0.3.0 (can be found on svn) simply by using QPointer.

Separating files by type will not be done automatically. But thanks to the complexity of .pro format, it is now possible to create folders, and even nested one!!!

Qt Code:
    1. CONFIG += sources headers forms
    3. sources {
    4. SOURCES += ...
    5. }
    7. headers {
    8. HEADERS += ...
    9. }
    11. forms {
    12. FORMS += ...
    13. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

A project such as the one above will be show files sorted in 3 folders and qmake will generate a makefile flawlessly. Enjoy!!!
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

It would also be nice to:
    - be able to save the icons menu layout on top of DevQt. (currently a user has to reorder them each time he starts DevQt.)
    - see a horizontal scrollbar in the workspace browser in case the names are to long
    - place bookmarks to jump between specific lines of different files
    - be able to do a column mode text selection (by pressing on shift for instance) when selecting text
    - switch from one file to the other inside the main window by using shift + left arrow or right arrow for instance

sorry I feel like complaining when writing down some ideas but this are not complaints!
    This are just some suggestions
    Last edited by Dwarf007; 6th March 2006 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi. Recentrly I've got new version from SVN (revision 32) but it don't want to compile. I've read thread but seem not find solution. The errors look like:

Qt Code:
    1. g++ -c -pipe -g -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/gui -Isrc/core -Isrc/edit -Itmp/moc -Itmp/ui -o tmp/obj/devlinenumber.o src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp
    2. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void DevLineNumber::paintEvent(QPaintEvent*)’:
    3. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘BlockData’ was not declared in this scope
    4. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘dat’ was not declared in this scope
    5. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
    6. /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:636: error: ‘QWidgetData* QWidget::data’ is private
    7. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: within this context
    8. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:79: error: ‘((DevLineNumber*)this)->DevLineNumber::<anonymous>.QWidget::data’ cannot be used as a function
    9. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:94: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
    10. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:94: error: ‘BreakPoint’ was not declared in this scope
    11. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:101: error: ‘BlockData’ is not a class or namespace
    12. src/edit/devlinenumber.cpp:101: error: ‘Error’ was not declared in this scope
    13. make: *** [tmp/obj/devlinenumber.o] Error 1

Details: Qt-4.1.0, gcc 4.0.2, Fedora Core 4.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Unhappy Re: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

Trying to load http://devqt.berlios.de/ and getting:
    <devqt.berlios.de>

Error in jsportal.js line: undefined

undefined : Statement on line 39: Type mismatch (usually a non-object value used where an object is required)
    Backtrace:
    Line 39 of linked script http://devqt.berlios.de/jsportal.js
    xmlInfo.load(InfoXMLFileName);
    Line 13 of inline#1 script in http://devqt.berlios.de/
    window_load("menu.xml", "siteinfo.xml");
    Line 1 of script
    window_setup();
    At unknown location
    [statement source code not available]

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I can't help you for the web stuff! ask elcuco he is the one that take care of it!

About compilation of revision 32 it seems you're using the old *.pro file. I thought I removed it... Try the one in the src dir!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf007
    It would also be nice to:
    - be able to save the icons menu layout on top of DevQt. (currently a user has to reorder them each time he starts DevQt.)
    - see a horizontal scrollbar in the workspace browser in case the names are to long
    - place bookmarks to jump between specific lines of different files
    - be able to do a column mode text selection (by pressing on shift for instance) when selecting text
    - switch from one file to the other inside the main window by using shift + left arrow or right arrow for instance

sorry I feel like complaining when writing down some ideas but this are not complaints!
    This are just some suggestions
    the project browser scrollbar bug is a Qt issue! I think it's solved in Qt 4.1.1, but my not sure...

saving icons is not a bad idea, thinking about it...
    bookmarks is an interesting feature but it's implementation is not planned soon.

shift + ( left | right ) would most of the time be caught by the text edit widget....

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder
    saving icons is not a bad idea, thinking about it...
    bookmarks is an interesting feature but it's implementation is not planned soon.
    shift + ( left | right ) would most of the time be caught by the text edit widget....
    The ideas are just ideas and nothing is urgent as long as it is on a kind of whishlist :-)
    shift+ (left|right) etc. can be replaced with ctrl+ or whatever.. but does features are very handy for keyboard users who don't like to loose time grabing the mouse.

Don't forget the column mode selection which is a really nice feature (also shift|ctrl|alt.. whatever...)

Thanks for considering our ideas,
    Daniel

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

L.Marvell,

Using opera by any chance?

I used a small library I wrote a year or two ago for generating quick and dirty sites. I still did not manage to get it to work under Opera.

The site now has problems with Konqueror 3.2.X, and I will see how I address them.

Firefox works

The compilation problems have been fixed at revision 33-34, so upgrade your svn.
    Last edited by elcuco; 7th March 2006 at 17:55.

Default Re: [DevQt]

if type "/" in the end of preprocessor line
    devQt(v.0.0.3) crush

P.S how about different color for ->#include<- and ->"filename.h"<-
    Cut and Run

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: [DevQt]

Quote Originally Posted by Hz
    if type "/" in the end of preprocessor line
    devQt(v.0.0.3) crush

P.S how about different color for ->#include<- and ->"filename.h"<-
    I'll try to fix that bug ASAP but about your PS I don't want to change how the things are done! I mean, compilers handles lines begining by # as preprocessor command, discarding about what they contains and a SH is designed to show how the code is gonna be handled. Thus, highlighting strings inside preprocessor would be something wrong (and it would also require more code )

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by elcuco
    L.Marvell,

Using opera by any chance?

I used a small library I wrote a year or two ago for generating quick and dirty sites. I still did not manage to get it to work under Opera.

The site now has problems with Konqueror 3.2.X, and I will see how I address them.

Firefox works

The compilation problems have been fixed at revision 33-34, so upgrade your svn.
    Yeah, it seems works fine in Firefox, thanks!
    By the way, I'm registered on sf.net, don't you want to upload DevQt there?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

uploading at Sf.net ? your question sounds crazy!

we've got a project openned at Berlios and to upload something at Sf.net we would need creating another there : the result would be an umaintainable project with two kind of contributors (berlios based and sf based) + tow versioning sytems (svn at berlios and cvs at sf.net)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

uploading at Sf.net ? your question sounds crazy!

we've got a project openned at Berlios and to upload something at Sf.net we would need creating another there : the result would be an umaintainable project with two kind of contributors (berlios based and sf based) + tow versioning sytems (svn at berlios and cvs at sf.net)
    Ok, don't mind it was just question.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Question Re: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

I'm sorry, but your app not working on Windows (QT4 and MSVC++ 6)
    It's a feature, isn't it?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Xagen
    I'm sorry, but your app not working on Windows (QT4 and MSVC++ 6)
    It's a feature, isn't it?
    Yep! We don't want you to be fooled by M$ so we had no compatibility with M$VC++

Just kidding! Could you be more precise ? Is it :

1) compilation problem
    2) linking problem
    3) run-time crash
    4) something else

I'd go for the first one because we're using QVariant (obliged to do so because of QSettings architecture...) and the doc says one function (I think value<T>() isn't supported under M$VC 6).

When you've had described what's wrong the team will fix it ASAP. In the meantime switch to mingw32 or even better to Linux

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Red face Re: [DevQt] New versions, feature requests and bug reports

Problem is while compiling your program with MSVC++ 6.0 ( we, russians, use pirate versions of MS products

For example there is error in the following code:
    Qt Code:
    1. return (void)QMessageBox
    (or something like that)

Here is output:

Qt Code:
    1. Microsoft Windows XP [&#1042;ерсия 5.1.2600]
    2. (&#1057;) Корпорация Майкрософт, 1985-2001.
    4. C:\3\0.2.1\src>qmake
    6. C:\3\0.2.1\src>nmake
    8. Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
    9. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
    11. NMAKE -f Makefile.Release
    13. Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
    14. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
    16. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    17. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    18. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    19. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    20. 0 -DWIN32 devapp.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devapp.cpp
    21. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    22. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    23. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    24. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    25. 0 -DWIN32 devdialogs.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devdialogs.cpp
    26. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    27. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    28. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    29. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    30. 0 -DWIN32 devdock.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devdock.cpp
    31. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    32. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    33. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    34. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    35. 0 -DWIN32 devedit.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devedit.cpp
    36. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    37. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    38. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    39. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    40. 0 -DWIN32 coreedit.h -o tmp\moc\moc_coreedit.cpp
    41. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    42. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    43. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    44. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    45. 0 -DWIN32 devlinenumber.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devlinenumber.cpp
    46. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    47. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    48. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    49. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    50. 0 -DWIN32 devgui.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devgui.cpp
    51. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    52. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    53. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    54. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    55. 0 -DWIN32 devhighlighter.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devhighlighter.cpp
    56. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    57. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    58. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    59. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    60. 0 -DWIN32 devsplash.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devsplash.cpp
    61. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    62. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    63. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    64. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    65. 0 -DWIN32 devstatus.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devstatus.cpp
    66. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    67. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    68. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    69. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    70. 0 -DWIN32 devsettings.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devsettings.cpp
    71. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    72. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    73. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    74. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    75. 0 -DWIN32 devproject.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devproject.cpp
    76. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_N
    77. O_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/Qt
    78. Core" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/inclu
    79. de/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/win32-msvc" -D_MSC_VER=120
    80. 0 -DWIN32 devworkspace.h -o tmp\moc\moc_devworkspace.cpp
    81. D:\qt\4.1.0\bin\rcc.exe -name DevEditor DevEditor.qrc -o tmp\rcc\qrc_Dev
    82. Editor.cpp
    83. cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -O1 -MD -O1 -MD -GR -GX -W3 -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFIL
    84. E_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
    85. -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtCore" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/QtGui" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/incl
    86. ude" -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/include/ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc" -I"." -I"D:/qt/4.1.0/mkspecs/w
    87. in32-msvc" -Fotmp\obj\ @C:\DOCUME~1\Oleg\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma00228.
    88. dev.cpp
    89. devapp.cpp
    90. devdialogs.cpp
    91. .\devdialogs.cpp(273) : error C2562: 'process' : 'void' function returning a val
    92. ue
    93. .\devdialogs.h(64) : see declaration of 'process'
    94. .\devdialogs.cpp(485) : error C2562: 'process' : 'void' function returning a val
    95. ue
    96. .\devdialogs.h(98) : see declaration of 'process'
    97. devdock.cpp
    98. devedit.cpp
    99. .\devhighlighter.h(30) : warning C4099: 'BlockData' : type name first seen using
    100. 'struct' now seen using 'class'
    101. .\dev.h(78) : see declaration of 'BlockData'
    102. .\devedit.cpp(164) : error C2562: 'setText' : 'void' function returning a value
    103. .\devedit.h(77) : see declaration of 'setText'
    104. coreedit.cpp
    105. devlinenumber.cpp
    106. devgui.cpp
    107. .\devgui.cpp(686) : error C2562: 'fileSave' : 'void' function returning a value
    108. .\devgui.h(71) : see declaration of 'fileSave'
    109. .\devgui.cpp(697) : error C2562: 'fileSave' : 'void' function returning a value
    110. .\devgui.h(71) : see declaration of 'fileSave'
    111. devhighlighter.cpp
    112. .\devhighlighter.h(30) : warning C4099: 'BlockData' : type name first seen using
    113. 'struct' now seen using 'class'
    114. .\dev.h(78) : see declaration of 'BlockData'
    115. devsplash.cpp
    116. devstatus.cpp
    117. devsettings.cpp
    118. devproject.cpp
    119. devscope.cpp
    120. devworkspace.cpp
    121. .\devworkspace.cpp(275) : error C2562: 'focus' : 'void' function returning a val
    122. ue
    123. .\devworkspace.h(74) : see declaration of 'focus'
    124. main.cpp
    125. Generating Code...
    126. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
    127. Stop.
    128. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin\N
    129. MAKE.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    130. Stop.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I'm already a Linux user since 1998.
    But at this moment i'm coding a cross-platform application.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Yep! We don't want you to be fooled by M$ so we had no compatibility with M$VC++

Just kidding! Could you be more precise ? Is it :

1) compilation problem
    2) linking problem
    3) run-time crash
    4) something else

I'd go for the first one because we're using QVariant (obliged to do so because of QSettings architecture...) and the doc says one function (I think value<T>() isn't supported under M$VC 6).

When you've had described what's wrong the team will fix it ASAP. In the meantime switch to mingw32 or even better to Linux

I have tried a QT4DS also, but the authors of this app don't think of the coders who use MSVC++ 6.

For example they use findChildren method which is not compatible with my version of compiler, so I had to change all these methods to qFindChildren manually.

It's not good!

P.S. And I'm very interested in your application.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Xagen
    I have tried a QT4DS also, but the authors of this app don't think of the coders who use MSVC++ 6.

For example they use findChildren method which is not compatible with my version of compiler, so I had to change all these methods to qFindChildren manually.

It's not good!

P.S. And I'm very interested in your application.
    Thanks for your interest!

Sorry about the compatibility problem but these one are damn weird!!! Looks like M$ compiler doesn't respect ANSI C / ISO C++ standards... I'll try to fix that but it' won't be easy since I don't own M$VC (pirate copy or not). What about trying mingw32???

20. The following user says thank you to fullmetalcoder for this useful post:

Xagen (20th March 2006)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Yes, I'll try mingw compiler later not at this moment cause I don't have it under my hand.

Also I'll try with msvc++ 7.1

Good luck and thanks for good work!