Thread: How to update QTableView from SQL database after adding data to database?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to update QTableView from SQL database after adding data to database?

I have 2 classes, one is a mainwindow (iherits from QMainWindow), and second is addwindow (iherits from QDialog). In mainwindow I have QTableView connected with database, and buttons like "add data", "remove data". In addwindow I put data and click "ok" button to add data to database. Now, how could I call "tablica->select()" to update QTableView after clicked "ok" button in addwindow?

Problem is that QSqlRelationalTableModel associated with QTableView is included in mainwindow constructor, and method adddata is included in addwindow class.

There are my header and c++ files.

mainwindowh.pngmaincpp.jpgmaincpp2.pngaddwindowh.pngaddwindowcpp.jpg

EDIT: I just found after hours, that thing I supposed to do was add connection in clicking "add data" slot in mainwindow class.
    Last edited by Voonter; 5th April 2014 at 22:48.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: How to update QTableView from SQL database after adding data to database?

If you do the addition or modification through the same model (with addRows(), removeRows() or setData()), as the view is looking at then then the updates become available to the view. If you, or something else, updates the underlying database directly then you have no choice but to requery the database.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: How to update QTableView from SQL database after adding data to database?

Or set table model with QSqlQueryModel and after adding data call a slot which contains model->setQuery(<your query>) which will update the view.