Thread: Which OpenSSL, PostgreSQL Version is compiled to QT 4.8.6 32bit for VS2008 binary?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Which OpenSSL, PostgreSQL Version is compiled to QT 4.8.6 32bit for VS2008 binary?

Hi,

I want to know, Which OpenSSL, PostgreSQL Version is compiled to QT 4.8.6 32bit for VS2008 binary..

How can i find out which version is compiled into it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Which OpenSSL, PostgreSQL Version is compiled to QT 4.8.6 32bit for VS2008 binary

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Re: Which OpenSSL, PostgreSQL Version is compiled to QT 4.8.6 32bit for VS2008 binary

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW67 View Post
    Well.. i do not believe that.
    if you look at the plugin folder of the binary version, then you can see there is a postgresql driver as already compiled dll.
    That means, some version of postgresql is used for this binary build.
    And that can also mean that some openssl version can also be used for building this postgresql version for ssl support...

so.. i want to know which version is used for the binary build.
    Last edited by kleinstein; 9th May 2014 at 14:23.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Well.. i do not believe that.
    I believe it is turtles all the way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinstein View Post
    if you look at the plugin folder of the binary version, then you can see there is a postgresql driver as already compiled dll.
    This is Qt software and does not include any part of the PostgreSQL source. It was built to dynamically link against any Postgresql client library > 7.3.
    That means, some version of postgresql is used for this binary build.
    Yes, but it does not mean the Postgresql is built into the plugin or the Qt libraries, which is what you asked ("How can i find out which version is compiled into it? ")
    And that can also mean that some openssl version can also be used for building this postgresql version for ssl support...
    Yes, but once again OpenSSL is not built into the Qt binaries the project distributes (also for legal reasons).
    The relevant parts of the Qt 4 binaries were built to dynamically load and use OpenSSL libraries >= 0.9.7 if present but you best avoid those with Heartbleed vulnerability.
    From Qt 5.2 the minimum version is 1.0.0 (See http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/build-sources.html)

The support of Postgresql connections over SSL requires that the Postgresql client library you chose to use is built with that support. This is independent of Qt's SSL support through QSslSocket etc.