Upgrading to Qt 5.2.1 with QtCreator 3.0.1. This time around I decided to remove previous versions of Qt, and to install from source. I compiled and run make install, and the install was put in /usr/local/Qt-5.2.1. Opened QtCreator 3.0.1, and went to Preferences > Build & Run > Qt Versions, and what I see for both Auto-detected and Manual is all the previous information, none of which is currently true for my system. I clicked Add to add a Manual entry, and the Select a qmake Executable dialog pops up. Even though I have updated my system so that Finder shows the contents of the root directory, this dialog is not showing that, so I am unable to define my version.

I have searched online and don't seem to be finding a way to deal with this situation. At this point, I guess I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to clear old Auto-detected and Manual version definitions from the dialog so that I can have it rescan the system for a new auto-detect?
2) Is it the case that QtCreator requires Qt 5.2.1 to be installed in a directory that is not a system directory? The only directories I see in the select dialog are the restricted directories, so I can't get at any system-level directories.

Thanks for the help.