Thread: qt-config and font sizes

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default qt-config and font sizes

I ran into something today that I an not sure that I understand it fully. I have a qt3 app. All of the dialog (other than message boxes and the like) were created in designer. Until today I didn't even know that qt-config existed. The way I discovered this is that one of the translators who works on the project complained about not being able to control the fonts used by the app after I made some changes to the dialogs in designer.

After playing around with this some I found that if I used certain font size settings in designer (Arial 13pt) those fonts were affected by qt-config. This seems like a rather strange setup since it is nearly impossible to discover this just by looking in the designer UI or by looking at any documentation that I have found so far. In addition searching the net I am not able to find any documentation about qt-config other than that it is a end user utility that allows users to control the appearance of their qt apps. It also appears that this is a unix/linux... only utility.

Where can I find more information about qt-config and what I need to do in my software to allow my users more control?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: qt-config and font sizes

Does the change only apply to "Arial 13pt" font and not to "Arial 12pt" or to all Arial fonts?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: qt-config and font sizes

As far as I can tell only the one font at that specific size allows users to control it with qt-config.