Thread: disable press effect for QPushButton

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default disable press effect for QPushButton

Hi everyone,
    I want to change pushbutton color on click. Suppose if current color is red, on click it ll change to green and after release also it ll be green. There should not any effect between red and green.

Can anybody please help me ?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: disable press effect for QPushButton

Why do you use then a QPushbutton? There are another controls for thi e.g canvas. You can connect it with a onClick method. I think this is easier to make an custom button.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by bibhukalyana View Post
    I want to change pushbutton color on click. Suppose if current color is red, on click it ll change to green and after release also it ll be green. There should not any effect between red and green.
    Hmm... subclass and reimplement paintEvent. Or use stylesheets if your Qt version supports it. Or implement a custom widget. Whichever suits you best.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by fecub View Post
    There are another controls for thi e.g canvas
    I dont know about canvas. Is qt 4.7 supports canvas ? Can you please give some example or link ?
    What are other controls which can be used ?

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Hmm... subclass and reimplement paintEvent. Or use stylesheets if your Qt version supports it. Or implement a custom widget. Whichever suits you best.
    Yes I was trying to reimplement the paintEvent. But I have some queries. How I will know paintEvent is called for focus in/out, mouse press/release ?
    I think using custom widget i can do this. I ll try this.
    Is stylesheets will work for a flat button ?

Ok my actual goal is to make something like QtCreater left most widget( widget contain debug,design,edit,project etc).
    So please sugget how to do this.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

I dont know about canvas. Is qt 4.7 supports canvas ? Can you please give some example or link ?
    What are other controls which can be used ?
    That's a blind route. fecub is talking about QtQuick which you are not using.

How I will know paintEvent is called for focus in/out, mouse press/release ?
    You won't and you shouldn't care. paintEvent is called for redrawing the widget and not for other event handlers. It is your responsibility to preserve the state of the widget so that it can be queried in the paintEvent and used to draw the current state of the widget.

Is stylesheets will work for a flat button ?
    Stylesheets will work for any widget albeit that is not the right tool for this task.

Ok my actual goal is to make something like QtCreater left most widget( widget contain debug,design,edit,project etc).
    I don't see how you'd obtain this by painting a button red or green. Creator uses a custom style with regular widgets and custom widgets with custom painting. The effect you mention is based on the value of QAbstractButton::checked property.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

You won't and you shouldn't care. paintEvent is called for redrawing the widget and not for other event handlers. It is your responsibility to preserve the state of the widget so that it can be queried in the paintEvent and used to draw the current state of the widget.
    I didnt get you. Are you telling me to store the present state and paint according to that ?

I don't see how you'd obtain this by painting a button red or green. Creator uses a custom style with regular widgets and custom widgets with custom painting. The effect you mention is based on the value of QAbstractButton::checked property.
    What I am trying to do is : In left side vertically I want to put some button(any control) and when you click color will change and right side I will load some information.
    It is some thing equivalent to tabWidget.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

I didnt get you. Are you telling me to store the present state and paint according to that ?
    Of course.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

What I am trying to do is : In left side vertically I want to put some button(any control) and when you click color will change and right side I will load some information.
    It is some thing equivalent to tabWidget.

Thanks.
    Yes, may be you want is a tab widget... search for vertical alignment of tab bars,,, there was an example long back.

But also as Wysota said,, you could do simpler with buttons with checked state.