Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to work with files

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to work with files

It is not easy as it seems. Now I tried to install Qt5 where the Qcreator is essential -- the error appeared again. But when there were 79% of installation (MinGW) there appeared such error (at the atachment of image)-- so the installation apperead not disfunctional. And I understand that I probably cannot install Qt5 for my pc. So I need to reinstall Qt4. Error of QtCreator is stipulated due to the inability to install the VS redistributable pacckage (where is msvcp100.dll). It is because My Windows XP do not support, alot of time, the native MS installer -- so the only way out is to send installed package to me (through the private or so)-- where would be this and other dll. Or I will try to use the portable QtCreator from the internet. And there is such thing in Qt5 install.There is prebuild MinGW 4.8 that is checked, and MinGW 4.8 toolchain. So I understand I need also check MinGw toolchain (that is unchecked at the beginning) that is the compiler itself -but the error as seen the image is stipulated by one of MINGW part??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Using a computer with a damaged operating system is a bad idea. Start from repair (perhaps reinstallation) of the operating system.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

It is not big issue. The qtcreator now works after copying to bin folder 2 dll. The same situation is with qt libraries. The qt5 is baddly installed on my pc, so I need reisntall qt4, and with already installed minGW (despite there is MSYS--I do not know is it essential) I hope it would work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by artt View Post
    It is not big issue. The qtcreator now works after copying to bin folder 2 dll. The same situation is with qt libraries. The qt5 is baddly installed on my pc, so I need reisntall qt4, and with already installed minGW (despite there is MSYS--I do not know is it essential) I hope it would work.
    When you get your computer problems sorted out then come back and ask your questions. As for now there is nothing we can help you with. We're not dealing with fixing broken Windows installations.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Really the problems are big. Despite it unlike connected directly with WIN XP.Despite creator opens --the profiel is not correctlyn installed -- so i do not know what install --just qmake or the whole QT. Then on COde block no including the GLOBAL variable, no additional defined folder in compiler oprtions do not help to launch and absolve--"Qdir is not found".

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Fix your installation. Then choose an IDE you want to use. If you decide to use Code::blocks then you have to learn qmake first to manage your project manually. In this case you don't have to install Qt Creator, just the libraries, a compiler and whatever other tools you need. If you decide you don't want to spend time on fixing non-working things and would rather go directly to coding, install and use Qt with Qt Creator included which will also install and configure a working compiler.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.