Thread: A way for qt to read the string returned from my php script on the web

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default A way for qt to read the string returned from my php script on the web

Hello, I am using php 5.5 encryption for my mysql database and I am trying to send the password the user enters to the php script and see if it matches the hash in the database. I am not sure of the best way to do this. I was looking at using QNetworkAccessManager but how would I send what the user writes to the php script on the web? Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: A way for qt to read the string returned from my php script on the web

If the user writes something on the web, i.e. in a web browser, then this browser alone is going to get the response for that request.
    A TCP connection and the HTTP connection on top are a two sided channel, only the two parties involved (browser and web server) have access to the data (especially if the connection is encrypted).

In case your program is the client, e.g. using QNetworkAccessManager, then it will receive the response to the request it made.

Cheers,
    _

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: A way for qt to read the string returned from my php script on the web

You can use QNetworkAccessManager::post to send an encrypted HTTP request (https://example.com/your.php) and pass the data along with the request by passing a QByteArray as the 2nd parameter to QNetworkAccessManager::post.