Thread: how to use Qt Library that has slots/signals in a non Qt Application ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default how to use Qt Library that has slots/signals in a non Qt Application ?

Hi
    I have written a simple SSL Server and Client that i require for my moba project
    (using the echo server examples of Qt5).
    Testing it them both out in the localhost everything worked fine.

Since we are using Unreal Engine 4 to built our game my next step was to integrate the code (or use it as a external library) into unreal.
    After a a few hours of testing i got around making Qt work with Unreal but i found out that Signals/Slots are not working.

1)After some search i found that QCoreApplication or QApplication for UI apps needs to run for signals to work.
    2)To make it work i would have to recompile Unreal Engine with qt... which is near impossible given Unreal's own custom compile systems.

The problem is i both do not know how to implement this in a Qt Library and that just writing QCoreApplication::exec(); in the Unreal Engine 4 project code
    does nothing. (The server does return that it is listening though if probed with .isListening())

To avoid confusion i will make a simple c++ project (non qt) and try to import the qt server library.

What i need is someone to explain to me how i would go about having my server listen to signals normally
    (that will be a library), Server.lib Server.h Server.dll etc.
    while the main project/app will not be using qt (or at least not compiling with it, in other words not mocking).
    Last edited by NeroViper; 26th June 2015 at 06:06.