Hello everyone, I'm having problems of getting the development boards do whatever I want through commands sent through serial port.

So before I wrote my Qt GUI program, I had tested my commands with a program named RealTerm Terminal that I found online, and everything worked fine, but then when I started building my Qt program and started to send the exact same commands through serial port, the board did receive the data, but it didn't do anything at all.

For example, on RealTerm, I sent this command to my board : 1 7 2 100 0 110 4, which in hex is 01 07 02 64 00 6E 04, and it set the board ID to 100 as expected, the board also sent back an acknowledgement line, so no problem there.

However, when I used these lines of code to send the same command to the board on my Qt program:
Qt Code:
  1. char panID[] = {0x01, 0x07, 0x02, 0x64, 0x00, 0x6E, 0x04};
  2. serial->write(panID);
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

The board received the data (it flashed), but that was all, the panID wasn't set to 100, and the board didn't send any acknowledgement back.

Can anyone help me to point out the problem here? I'm perplexed by this strange behavior. Thank you.