Thread: getting "QFile::rename: Empty or null file name" when dropping file to QTreeview

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default getting "QFile::rename: Empty or null file name" when dropping file to QTreeview

Hi QT,

I have QSplitter of which left side is Qtreeview for showing local system file using QFileSystemModel and right side have QWebview with html page where i am showing directory and file name line by line returning by some Api and i want to make drag and drop application. I have enable the all drag drop required function so its working internally on its own view. But i want to drag and drop between these two view , when i am doing its showing plus icon correctly but when dropping the file its showing
    "QFile::rename: Empty or null file name" in the console. So please help me i am very knew to QT.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ashish18; 22nd July 2015 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: getting "QFile::rename: Empty or null file name" when dropping file to QTreeview

The QFileSystemModel has default behaviours for drops, which I expect is triggering the message you see. You will need to replace this default behaviour or make sure the dropped item carries suitable MIME data for a file system.