Thread: Qt5 corrupted widgets on Windows 10

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Exclamation Qt5 corrupted widgets on Windows 10

Hi all,

I've been experiencing strange issues with Qt5 in Windows 10. Widgets randomly become blank and I have to restart my application.
    This also happens in Qt Designer sometimes. I think it may be some incompatibility between Nvidia drivers, Qt and Windows 10.

I've attached some screenshots of the problem:

qt_error1.pngqt_error2.pngqt_error3.pngqt_error4.png

Widgets become corrupted/blank when I hover my mouse over them. If I resize the window (or ALT+TAB, minimize, maximize...) everything becomes blank.
    The only "workaround" is to restart the application.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
    Regards and thanks in advance!

My PC specs:
    Intel Core I5
    Nvidia GTX970
    Windows 10
    Qt 5.5.1 (MSVC 2013 32 bit)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt5 corrupted widgets on Windows 10

Has anyone encountered this problem?
    Not something I have observed. Does the same thing happen with the Qt QWidget-based examples? Do you have more than one Qt distro installed? Is more than one of these listed in your PATH variable?

Intel Core I7
    Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
    Qt 5.5.1 MSVC 2013 (32 and 64 bit), Mingw32

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by d_stranz View Post
    Not something I have observed. Does the same thing happen with the Qt QWidget-based examples? Do you have more than one Qt distro installed? Is more than one of these listed in your PATH variable?

Intel Core I7
    Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
    Qt 5.5.1 MSVC 2013 (32 and 64 bit), Mingw32
    Thanks for answering.
    It also happens with Qt QWidgets examples (tested with "order form" and "settings editor"). I have only one version installed and no Qt versions are listed in PATH.

The only similar issues I found were on Ubuntu systems:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/69313...ch-shared-memo
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/69837...ken-after-time

Regards,

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

It is funny you mentioned this because I seen it a few months ago (or something similar to what you described at least).

I had an old application hasn't been changed since sometime around 2009. One day, out of the blue, it decided not to draw the menu anymore. The menu was there, you could select an item if you guessed correctly where the menu item was but you couldn't see it. Never seen that one before. I don't try restarting the program (which might have fixed it?) as I knew where all the menu items were off by heart.

I know it wasn't the program because it was frequently used and this problem was never seen previously. It was likely something odd with the hardware that I happen to run the program on that particular day so I am leaning on this as the source of your problem. The version of Qt was around 4.8.x and the OS was WinXP in my case.

Qt products
    Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Happens to me too. Restarting the computer fixes it for a while, but after some days it starts to happen again. (Yes, days, with the computer on or hibernating.) Never saw this with other versions of windows. I also suspect it has something to do with the nVidia driver (mine is 358.50). Do you have an integrated Intel graphics card in your system as well? I only encounter this problem on my laptop, and it also causes lots of other problems with other softwares, so who knows...
    My system is similar to yours, but I use the MinGW version.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
    It is funny you mentioned this because I seen it a few months ago (or something similar to what you described at least).

I had an old application hasn't been changed since sometime around 2009. One day, out of the blue, it decided not to draw the menu anymore. The menu was there, you could select an item if you guessed correctly where the menu item was but you couldn't see it. Never seen that one before. I don't try restarting the program (which might have fixed it?) as I knew where all the menu items were off by heart.

I know it wasn't the program because it was frequently used and this problem was never seen previously. It was likely something odd with the hardware that I happen to run the program on that particular day so I am leaning on this as the source of your problem. The version of Qt was around 4.8.x and the OS was WinXP in my case.
    I've never seen it before on 4.8.x, but I did not have a Nvidia graphics card. I believe its the same issue you described, since the widgets work, but are not drawn properly.

Quote Originally Posted by pfjarschel View Post
    Happens to me too. Restarting the computer fixes it for a while, but after some days it starts to happen again. (Yes, days, with the computer on or hibernating.) Never saw this with other versions of windows. I also suspect it has something to do with the nVidia driver (mine is 358.50). Do you have an integrated Intel graphics card in your system as well? I only encounter this problem on my laptop, and it also causes lots of other problems with other softwares, so who knows...
    My system is similar to yours, but I use the MinGW version.
    It is exactly as you described: restarting the computer fixes the issue for a while. I used to develop on a laptop with an ATI video card and did not have any issues.
    I believe my motherboard (Gigabyte H97M DS3P) has an onboard video card, but I think its disabled since I'm using the GTX970.
    I frequently update my video card drivers, currently running version 361.43 (last update on: 21/12/2015).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Hello,
    I am having the same problem, running a widget application on Windows 10 (Qt 5.11.2 or 5.9.4, same problem). A lot of users are complaining too. I can reproduce this, strangely enough I just have to launch another specific application (not developed by us) and it corrupts all menus and widget in our app. Only solution is to restart the application, or to start our application after the other app. It also corrupts QtCreator menus and fonts, but a bit less, I guess because I am using a custom style derived from Fusion Style. This occurs only on Windows 10, not MacOS, nor Linux etc. Unfortunately most of my users are also using this other application. My PC is equipped with a NVIDIA board (GTX 950M) but I doubt it comes from that.

My PC is a laptop with an external screen connected through a HDMI cable. If I disconnect the HDMI cable the display returns of course on the laptop screen. When I reconnect the external screen, again all menus and widget get corrupted in our app and in QtCreator (but somehow a bit "less" than in the previous case).

I have tried hard to find what event is triggered but couldn't find anything useful. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Philippe.