Thread: How to write rich text at a specific position given a const QPainter object?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default How to write rich text at a specific position given a const QPainter object?

I want to create a class method for drawing rich text at a specific position with a specific QPainter object:

Qt Code:
    1. void MyWidget::drawRichText(QString html, QPointF position, const QPainter* qp);
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

How do I implement this method? The solution I was able to come up with by searching on Google was the following:

Qt Code:
    1. void MyWidget::drawRichText(QString html, QPointF position, QPainter* qp)
    2. {
    3. td.setHtml(html);
    4. qp->translate(position); // Move the painter to the desired location
    5. td.drawContents(qp);
    6. qp->translate(-position); // Move the painter back to where it was before
    7. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

which I already find quite distasteful as I make changes to a painter object which may be used after me (which is why I discretely move the painter back after I have used it, but I realize that the more changes I make to it that I don't want to be permanent, the greater the risk is that I will forget to change some of them back). I cannot make a personal copy of it either, since QPainter uses the Q_DISABLE_COPY macro.

Actually, the proposed solution won't even work in my case since I need to pass qp as const, and the translate method cannot be called on const QPainter objects.

(Besides, I realized that if someone has already moved the pointer before me, the pointer will move to the wrong location. But maybe that's a secondary issue. I don't know. Anyway...)

So, how do I implement this function assuming that the QPainter object is declared const (and is located at (0, 0) when the method is called)?
    Last edited by TriKri; 7th October 2016 at 17:13.