Thread: Help with this

Qt products
    Qt5

Default Help with this

I'm trying to do one chat with xmpp but i have questions about this. My first problem is when i run my xmpp program show me a firewall message the first time when i connect to the server xmpp. I can avoid this with some proxy or some type of connection. Thx in advance.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Default Re: Help with this

Quote Originally Posted by davinciomare View Post
    I'm trying to do one chat with xmpp but i have questions about this. My first problem is when i run my xmpp program show me a firewall message the first time when i connect to the server xmpp. I can avoid this with some proxy or some type of connection. Thx in advance.
    The firewall message is from your operating system and/or anti-virus software when you attempt a direct socket connection and there's no way to bypass that for obvious reasons. The QTcpSocket class supports the use of a proxy via QTcpSocket::setProxy, so that may be an option, but you'll have to read the doc and try it to see if you can make it work for your needs.

The obvious question, however, is why is the firewall message an issue for you? Shouldn't your users be allowed to control which connections they want to allow or deny?
    I write the best type of code possible, code that I want to write, not code that someone tells me to write!